Otyg *promo*!! yummy! :)

goblyne

Skugglika Skapelse
Jan 10, 2004
Mississauga, Ontario
a little while ago, my buddy goes "you like that band Otyg right"

me: Yeah, of course!!
him: Umm, do you want a promo of their's? I got it in a trade and i really didn't like it.
me: :yow:
him: haha okay here you go!

it's a promo copy of Sagovindars Boning that was sent out to radio stations before it was released for sale. it's the full cd, but in a cardboard slipcase. The front is a pic of the album cover and the back has the tracklisting with an old-looking pic of the band. eeee i'm so happy!!! :D :headbang:

well my buddy accepted the promo in that trade he did because he'd heard me rave about Otyg so much so he figured he'd probably like them. lucky for me that he didn't! ;) at any rate, i made him listen to the cover of Holy Diver and he was laughing his ass off!

Is this the same Goblyne from Braveboard?

I actually won the Alvefard promo on ebay from a guy in Germany. It was in great shape from the picture, but when he shipped it to the US he used the most flimsy small package ever. When it got here the promo was covered in some black sludge and the cd broken in 3 pieces. I was uber depressed.

Nice pick up though! I need one of those now :Spin:

winter-frost said:
Is this the same Goblyne from Braveboard?

yup, that's me! :) i got the Otyg promo from Chris, he posts as Burningham on the BB.

man that's sooo shitty about the Alvefard promo! what was the black sludge?? did he refund you for it or anything?

goblyne said:
yup, that's me! :) i got the Otyg promo from Chris, he posts as Burningham on the BB.

man that's sooo shitty about the Alvefard promo! what was the black sludge?? did he refund you for it or anything?

I have no clue. It covered the whole outside of the package and got all over my hands when I touched it. So I took one look at the promo and threw it away. Didn't get any money back but I only paid $10 USD so it wasn't a huge loss.

goblyne said:
it's a promo copy of Sagovindars Boning that was sent out to radio stations before it was released for sale. it's the full cd, but in a cardboard slipcase. The front is a pic of the album cover and the back has the tracklisting with an old-looking pic of the band. eeee i'm so happy!!! :D :headbang:

Congratulations goblyne! Sounds nice... I was wondering; there's no possibility that you could scan the back of the promo?
Would be nice to catch a glimpse of that "old-looking picture", or is it the same as on Älvefärd?