Our annual PP request...

Ken,

Any chances of finding a copy or two of "Looking Glass-Self"? It's a band/project that Andre Matos participated on the album in 1998, if I'm not wrong. Hard to find as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks!

Isn't that just the demo he did with the guys from Sieges Even? I only think they made a demo of it, and then changed name to Val Paraiso when they got their next singer (which eventually got them to go back to using the Sieges Even name).

c.

In general, I'll be keeping an eye out for old-school hard rock (70s, late 60s), NWOBHM, doom, and sludge/stoner. Last time I went to PP I picked up the first Spiritual Beggars album from the LaserCD table and loved it. If I see more I'll get more. Echo'd on the Uriah Heep new versions. And if I see Veni Domine at a decent price, I'll grab it.

Isn't that just the demo he did with the guys from Sieges Even? I only think they made a demo of it, and then changed name to Val Paraiso when they got their next singer (which eventually got them to go back to using the Sieges Even name).

c.

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. I wasn't aware it was just a demo. I am trying to get a hold of this demo desperately. Know a way, Claus?

Its Looking-Glass-Self's Equinox. I highly doubt you'll find it in physical form. Probably best dl'ing it at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
mëtålspëd;8523571 said:
Will there be any Laser's Edge branded pillow cases for sale, for keeping seats while we peruse your offerings? ;)

I say you bring pillow cases to use as plastic bags for the merch you buy at the fest.

That way, we can officially start a new trend for the next ProgPowers to come:

PROGPOWER USA HYBRID
Save the Earth, Go Green!

and we could all wear masks too, and go to the vendors and hold out our pillow cases and go "trick or treat"

:lol: :lol:

Funny story... I went trick or treating on my first Halloween in the USA, a long time ago. I didn't have a pumpkin basket or anything.

Guess what I brought to put the candy in?

Yeap. A goddamn pillowcase. It was awesome. I filled the damn thing with chocolate and candy! :headbang::lol:

Funny story... I went trick or treating on my first Halloween in the USA, a long time ago. I didn't have a pumpkin basket or anything.

Yeap. A goddamn pillowcase. It was awesome. I filled the damn thing with chocolate and candy! :headbang::lol:

That's all I ever used. No way my mom was going to pay for a bag or basket that I'd only used once a year. Of course, back then even getting unwrapped candy wasn't the big deal it is today.

That's all I ever used. No way my mom was going to pay for a bag or basket that I'd only used once a year. Of course, back then even getting unwrapped candy wasn't the big deal it is today.

Unwrapped candy rules. Especially with little needle holes and white powder-thing coming out of them...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

RUNNING WILD – LIVE BROTHERHOOD (DVD)
WITHIN TEMPTATION – BLACK SYMPHONY (2DVD/2CD)

That's what we always used to use, back in the mists of ancient times.

I remember one year when my mom drove me and my best friend to several neighborhoods where the houses were close together, to maximize the candy goodness. Two pillowcases later.... Heck, I didn't finish it all until Easter!

You wouldn't happen to be able to get Infrawarrior by Monica Richards, would you?

Dangit, you coulda told me before Dragon*Con; I could have picked it up at Faith and the Muse's table. Literally: William Faith literally gave me total carte blanche with their merch person...but I would have bought you a copy.

They were splendid, BTW. Easily one of the best performances in the history of Dragon*Con.