Out of 10, how would you rate the new song?

The Grand Conjuration ?/10?

Votes: 4 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 14 7.4%

Votes: 24 12.8%

Votes: 54 28.7%

Votes: 51 27.1%

Votes: 29 15.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd have to say about 7. Maybe 8 but I'll say 7. There's some guitar melody and stuff in the background that gets completely lost so I'm sure it'll sound good on the album. I like the darkness and general evilness though. It reminds me of Blackwater Park (the song) a bit, the first riff anyway. There's some sweet time changes and stuff as well. Overall I'm pretty impressed. I think the keyboards sound good as well - good atmosphere.

I must say on first listen I was extremely dissapointed due to its straigh-laced approach but on subsequent listenings it has to be a good 9/10.....people say its repetitive but I honestly don't understand why people say that, compared to much other Opeth its just as repetitive, no more. Take for instance White Cluster (random pick) that is extremely repetitive yet people love it, i think its just a matter of time until these knee-jerk reactions die down. The piece has depth, soul, and balls.....I just am extremely intrigued with what baying of the hounds will sound like

Upon my VERY first listen, it was a 9 for sure, but the more I listened to it, I have FINALLY placed my vote here and it is an....

8/10

Still, a damn GOOD track.

Im not completely enthralled by it, but it could be better than I'm given it credit with better sound quality <shrug>, can't wait for the new release though...

That riff is so very shit.

I just had to go listen to some older stuff to remind me that they are actually a good band.