• C

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
B

I loved seeing Opeth headline. Seeing them twice in an opening slot was so unfulfilling in comparison, and the show was totally worth the money and the cold just for that experience.

But I was cold the whole time - first from the wait outside, and then from the freaking cold air blowing from the vents inside the Opera House.
I missed Praetoria, thought Tapping the Vein okay but uninspiring,, and was disappointed by Paradise Lost, probably because the last album I have is Icon.
(oh, Lacuna Coil where were you last night... *sigh*)

I saw the show at Jaxx.

Brave: seemed like really nice guys & girl and their set just kept getting better. The last song sounded kind of familiar -- was that a cover? In any case, I'd rank them second of the night after Opeth. A-

TTV: hadn't heard much of them and won't after this, they were pretty uninspiring and their singer was pretty annoying (good voice, though). C-

PL: I was really looking forward to being able to see Paradise Lost after hearing Draconian Times about six years ago even though I haven't followed their stuff since One Second. They played way too much new shit, most of which was boring and they looked depressed as hell up there, especially Nick Holmes. The two songs from DT were still good, though. B-

Opeth: Absolutely amazing, in my top three concerts ever. Crowd response was also great. They were also so friendly up there, especially Mikael, it just blew me away. A+

I guess that gives it statistically a B/B+ overall, but I'll remember it as an A just because of Opeth. I flew down there for one night from Massachusetts and I think it was worth it.

A - Simply because all I came to see was Opeth and I didn't care about the other bands. Opeth was everything I expected and more, I was thinking about driving up to Cleveland to catch their show tonight, although time constraints played in.

Paradise Lost sucked, I missed Tapping the Vein, although, like I said, they don't matter because nobody came to see them anyways...