Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Taking EVERYTHING into consideration, not just Opeth's set - how would you rate your concert experience?

I gave the Worcester, MA show an overall "B" rating.

As far as the music goes - Beyond The Embrace was a pleasant surprise, Tapping The Vein was OK, Paradise Lost just plain bored me AND they played too long, and no words need be said about Opeth. Also - I wouldn't of minded being there for 5+ hours, but the fact the the two middle bands sapped the energy out of the crowd took away from the overall feeling of the concert. I was hoping to build to a crescendo throughout the night, but that just didn't happen.

I didn't mind being out in the cold for 45 minutes prior to the show.

The Palladium is a decent place to see this kind of show, and overall, the sound was just fine. Plus, I thought I had a perfect spot for ME to watch the show.

So - how was your experience?

Well... I rather enjoyed Brave and have been meaning to catch them live for awhile.. Tapping the Vein was.. well.. I kind of dug the second song but they were not great and predictable.. Paradise Lost play way to long..

But.... OPETH!!

Opeth ruled so much.. goddamn that's one of the best bands I've seen if not the best.

Brandon

I can't really take the whole night into consideration. I didn't get there until the end of PL's set. SO, most of my opinion comes from Opeth's set and that was brilliant! :)

A+

A for Opeth
A for beyond the embrace
A for talking to various hot guys
A for pizza guy getting me my food in less than 30 seconds
A for my broke self for resisting buying a T-shirt

ok, so tapping and paradise were dull, but i kindof like a shitty band or two on a gig to give me time to talk to people. this was the most fun ive had at a concert since.... Arch Enemy in NYC -- another A experience

Grading this concert was hard for me.

Opeth's set was the single best set that I have ever seen live. But there were those certain aspects that detracted from the overall feeling of the ENTIRE show. A close second to Opeth was The Tea Party whom I saw a few months back in Montreal. They played for almost two hours, and played flawlessly. But the energy inside for that concert was there from the get go, and it built up to the amazing feeling when the Tea Party first appeared on stage. With all those people at The Palladium, that missing build up took away from the overall concert expereince for me. The energy started with Beyond The Embrace, but dissapated throughout the next two acts. When the lights dimmed before Opeth came on stage, the energy returned. I had only wished that the electirc feeling was there the entire night, which is why my overall grade was a B.

Originally posted by Opet
I can't really take the whole night into consideration. I didn't get there until the end of PL's set. SO, most of my opinion comes from Opeth's set and that was brilliant! :)

A+

I couldn't agree more...

I give it an A. I didn't care much for the other P Lost ( I missed the first two) but that didn't detract. If anything, the low energy before Opeth came on accentuated how much everybody was there for Opeth, mkaing it more exciting, like "this is all for Opeth." It was great to see such a worthy band finding surprising success. I had no idea there fan base was so big. I bet if it was just them on the bill, the place would still be packed. So the other bands sucking made it even more Opethcentric.

A+

Tapping the Vein gave me time to warm myself up from the bitter cold.

Paradise Lost - They were OK, I enjoyed myself.

Opeth - amazing!!!! The only thing they deserve ia an A no matter how the rest of the bands were

this show was soo good I'm not even gonna try to rate it, Opeth Blew me away, those guys are fucking amazing. Only things that sucked was tapping the vein, paradise lost and waiting to fucking long for food, but thats the way it is there(except for bfs who somehow managed to get food in 3 seconds)

I'm going to the Chicago show, so no rating yet, but just a general question:

What did the people who saw Beyond the Embrace think of them? I got their CD about a month ago, I'm curious as to what others think of them/how good they were live.

Originally posted by ffanatic
I'm going to the Chicago show, so no rating yet, but just a general question:

What did the people who saw Beyond the Embrace think of them? I got their CD about a month ago, I'm curious as to what others think of them/how good they were live.

I thought they were excellent - I had never heard of them, but was more than pleasantly surprised. And the crowd reaction was quite enthusiastic.

squeegee-
I give it an A. I didn't care much for the other P Lost ( I missed the first two) but that didn't detract. If anything, the low energy before Opeth came on accentuated how much everybody was there for Opeth, mkaing it more exciting, like "this is all for Opeth." It was great to see such a worthy band finding surprising success. I had no idea there fan base was so big. I bet if it was just them on the bill, the place would still be packed. So the other bands sucking made it even more Opethcentric.

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't it make Opeth THAT much more inspiring? Like heroes even! "HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!" :lol: Ya know? Built up energy and anxiety for the show. Finally getting there. Then not getting the thrill you hoped for with the opening acts. It must have been like the happiest moment for those who were there when the doors opened to finally have them on stage.

Greenwater-
Venue = F for Fucking awful design

No? You didn't like? I've always loved that little dump. I've seen Opeth there 3 times...and I fucking love the place! :D

I voted B.

Tapping the Vein sucked horrifically. Paradise Lost followed suit.

Opeth were flawless and amazing, but I can't vote an A because the openers were lame. If Lacuna Coil had still made it here, that would have balanced things out to an A.

I saw the Irving Plaza, NY show.