My Thoughts On The Worcester MA Show

I was at the show...i personally liked Credence the best. Paradise Lost blew more than a Mississippi trailer-park tornado. Overall, great show, but it could've done with Paradise and Tapping the Vein...by the end of the show my feet and back were killing me from standing for over 5 hours. Just Opeth and Beyond the Embrace would have been great.:devil:

I agree with you NickDrake. Too long to wait for Opeth. Too many opening bands will sap the energy out of the crowd sooner. I would have liked to see Beyond the Embrace open up and then Opeth play for 2.5 hours!

Originally posted by ddicosmo
I agree with you NickDrake. Too long to wait for Opeth. Too many opening bands will sap the energy out of the crowd sooner. I would have liked to see Beyond the Embrace open up and then Opeth play for 2.5 hours!

I was really worried that Opeth was going to cut their set short. With the length of time it took the 1st three bands, I figured that starting around 11PM was late, and I thought when Mikael said something about us being tired, that he was leading into something. But alas, no short cuts. :D

Originally posted by ShadowLioness
however is saddens me that Paradise Lost is getting the thumbs down. I hate to read this kind of thing and go to the show with a preconceived notion

Fear not! PLost put on one hell of a show! In fact, they were SO GOOD that, before Opeth came on, I was actually wondering how they'de be able to top them (they did top them, but not due to any fault ofPLost's, but, rather, simply due to Opeth's own greatness).

Trust me, PLost was phenomenal, and played a GREAT set - with the exception of the fact that they didn't play anything from the immortal "Icon" CD.

Seriously, you will NOT be dissappointed!

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Trust me, PLost was phenomenal, and played a GREAT set - with the exception of the fact that they didn't play anything from the immortal "Icon" CD.

The set must've been COMPLETELY different from the Worcester set if yoiu thought it was "great". Either that, or what I've heard of Paradise Lost wasn't really Paradise Lost.

Opeth is the one band that when I see them live, I can't help but to feel immense pride that they're my favorite band. I feel like pointing and saying "See? This is why I fkn LOVE this band. See? SEE?" They are such gentlemen and the crowd is never taken for granted. Makes me feel honored. awe Thanks guys!
nice.gif

I arrived shortly after 10:00 I believe. I got downstairs, didn't hear Opeth and started looking around for a place to call my own. It was packed and I was WAY in the back. However, it's easy to worm your way down the right side to my favorite little spot just to the right of the stage before the floor. I agree that Pete's guitar was too low...just like Metalfest last year. The whole show I hoped someone would turn it up.