Outstanding Albums of This Decade

Yea, linkin park are amazing. All of their songs sound completely different and unique. Why don't they have a forum on UM? They kick hardcore ass. Their turntable playing is especially impressive. Opeth could never operate a turntable like they do.

I think what's really funny is the fact that everyone's posting albums from the 90's when the topic states from THIS decade. Fools.

Jon Snow said:
Yea, linkin park are amazing. All of their songs sound completely different and unique. Why don't they have a forum on UM? They kick hardcore ass. Their turntable playing is especially impressive. Opeth could never operate a turntable like they do.

LMAO!!...assuming you were being sarcastic.

Seth

Surprised no one mentioned Death Angels "The Art of Dying"...awesome album. If you don't mind me straying from the last 10 years..."Act III" from them was killer back in '90 I believe.

But from this 2000 decade...everything Opeths done is great, IMO. Fates Warning "Disconnected" and "FWX"...Dream Theater "Train of Thought"(I'll probably catch crap for that). Porcupine Tree "In Absentia".

Seth

Bjork - Vespertine

Do you like the new Bjork?

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now

Is that the one with the orchestra that came out in 2000?
Wasn't this an old song from the early 70's?

gatedropper said:
Bjork - Vespertine

Do you like the new Bjork?

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now

Is that the one with the orchestra that came out in 2000?
Wasn't this an old song from the early 70's?

yes, i like the new bjork too.

and yes, the joni mitchell one is 2 of her old songs as well as some new recordings redone in a classic jazz style. the album is fantastic.

Agalloch said:
I think what's really funny is the fact that everyone's posting albums from the 90's when the topic states from THIS decade. Fools.
i think youre too assuming.

it cant be from this "decade", when were only 4 years into it.

so i figured its only reasonable to do my favorites of the decade we just had, in order for this thread to make sense and be a challenge whatsoever.

because if you notice, the thread wasnt originally intended for this purpose anyway...so dont worry so much about what you think it should be about. ;)

Speaking of Joni Mitchell... APC (Actually just M. Keenan) did an acappella cover of Joni Mitchell's "Fiddle And The Drum" that IMO, is one of the best APC songs to date. Has anyone else heard eMOTIVe?? Not great but it has it's moments. (And I hated the new Bjork).

-----------
Since this thread didn't die...

Pain of Salvation "BE"
Tool "Laterlus"
Sigur Ros "( )"
Between the Buried and Me "Silent Circus"
In Flames "Clayman"
System of a Down "Toxicity"
Opeth "Blackwater" "D1/D2"

^ haha, nice rj, i didn't know you dug btbam, silent circus rules.
and yes, DT- train of thought? i'll take their other releases any day. that one cool section at the end of that last track is the only part that shines really.

11 fantastic albums.

Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Opeth - Morningrise
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Agalloch - The Mantle
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Anathema - Alternative 4
Dream Theater - Metropolis pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
Dream Theater - Images And Words
Exodus - Tempo of The Damned

I think bjork is total crap. This is mainly due to the fact that her voice irritates me far more than even britney's. As far as non-metal is concerned, I liked the releases by Landberk, Calexico and The Decemberists a lot.

Zero Hour. both albums are imo the best of the decade in metal.

nonmetal, i'm partial to Thirdeyeblind, and i'm sure a lot of people here hate them, but too bad, thats my op. :headbang:

Porcupine Tree-Stupid Dream (1999)
Opeth-Still Life(1999)
Dream Theater-Awake(1994)
Symphony X-V(2000)

I didn't want to post a band twice, so these are some of my picks in no particular order...

Who put the number 10 down for the word decade?

So Death-ITP is not from this decade eh?
It did have an affect on a lot of music to come in this 'decade'.
I guess we need to ask what 'one album' had the biggest influence
on that genre of music to follow. No matter what damn decade!