Overkill and Prong to team up for North American tour?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
According to the official website of New York City's own BB Kings Blues Club, Overkill and Prong will be sharing a double headlining bill on February 20, 2006.

I of course am interested in seeing Overkill. Can careless about Prong.

The saYer said:
who is prong?

Bnrmetal Pages said:
From rather primitive hardcore roots (as heard on the first two releases), Prong developed into quite a unique metal band by the time of Beg To Differ, drawing from a variety of influences to create a sort of metal/industrial/groove mixture that was quite effective. The majority opinion might be that Beg To Differ is the band's best work, though the BNR opinion sides with Cleansing. The band unofficially dissolved in 1997, with Paul Raven and Ted Parsons both spending some time in Godflesh before that band's breakup. For the next several years scattered reports of new Prong lineups surfaced, featuring Tommy Victor and various other people. A stable lineup finally materialized in late 2001, and a new version of Prong led by Victor, is alive once again. A live album, 100% Live was released in late 2002, followed by the band's comeback studio album (their first in seven years) in Scorpio Rising (US release due late February 2004). Despite the member changes and the gap between releases, Scorpio more or less picks up where their last couple of albums left off, except for toning down the industrial touches of Rude Awakening. Victor's vocal and songwriting styles are very much intact here, making Scorpio Rising an essential purchase for old Prong fans.

I like Prong! Great band! cept for that peice of Crap Rude Awakening

Primitive Origins, Forced Fed, Beg To differ! Prong had some killer records back when. As for what they became it was cool but not my cup of tea, I hope when they play they do all the old stuff cause in my opinion that was the best they did.