Overlorde SR - Medieval Metal Too PRE-ORDER last week

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
North Carolina's first ever heavy metal band OVERLORDE will finally see a full length release Medieval Metal Too from Heaven And Hell Records on March 6th.

Overlorde was born in 1979 in Fayetteville, North Carolina, by 1985 they released the legendary Medieval Metal four-song demo that sold 10,000 copies worldwide. Metal Blade records then took notice and placed the band's song 'Keeper Of The Flame' on their Metal Massacre XIII compilation album that has sold over 40,000 copies worldwide. Overlorde then would slip into obscurity and lore. European interest in obscure cult metal particularly US bands would revive much interest in the band. For many years the way fans could obtain the recordings were the poor quality downloads and Youtube.

Now after almost 30 years this material will finally be released on CD with never before released tracks all fully re-mastered by Jaime King at The Basement Studios in North Carolina. Cover design provide by TJ Designs who has done a fine job of bringing the classic demo's cover into 2012 Also history liner notes and photo gallery will be included as has come to be expected of the Lost Relics Series.

TO PRE-ORDER
http://www.soundsofpurgatory.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a chance to hear this album and it's really good. I can't imagine any fan of cult '80s metal being disappointed by this one.

And I gather Overlorde SR is their official handle now.

is their name Overlorde SR or Overlorde, because that could get sort of confusing with M.E.'s Overlorde

Two different bands. This is the band that appeared on the Metal Blade Metal Massacre VIII in 1987. They formed in 1979 and released a four song demo EP in 1985.
The band started playing again as a circuit cover band under the name Still Rockin but with so much response from Europe since the 1990s they started using the name Overlorde again adding the SR to the end to show the separation of the two bands (i.e Lazarus A.D., Maroon 5, Wrathchild America, and so on).
Most people are not confused however there is some information out there on the internet that will talk about the Metal Massacre compilation and refer to the New Jersy band as being that band.
I can see where at first glance one could be confused for the other but most people are not that clueless or could easily find out the difference. Again the names are different but the rock/metal world is full of bands with the exact same name; countless Thors, Widow, Viper, Purgatory, Angel, the list is endless. Hell there is or was an Iron Maiden from Britain before the Iron Maiden that everyone knows.

I can see where at first glance one could be confused for the other but most people are not that clueless or could easily find out the difference.

:rolleyes:

You're not much of a people person are you?

but I do appreciate the explanation and history on it, makes a difference when you are genuinely interested - or were.

oh man I did not mean that as a directed jab at you. My apologies if it came across that way.

no harm done, the differences are pretty distinct - though not entirely up my alley sound-wise its actually not too shabby.