overrated DT songs..

BiatchGuy

tired and rundown
Apr 3, 2002
ok, this doesn't necessarily mean the songs are bad.. just that they get too much hype..

I nominate "The Sun Fired Blanks".. most "standard" sounding song on Projector IMO.. dunno why they played that on the last tour instead of another from that album. Maybe it suffers from being on the album in between two outsanding tracks.

"Cathode Ray Sunshine" too. It's good but there are a lot better songs on DD..

thoughts?

of Chaos and Eternal Night imo. i don't mind it but its not their best by a long shot.
and btw i think that Through Ebony Archways is underated, it's my second fave on skydancer, after Crimson Winds :hotjump:
but thats just my opinion. :)

With The Flaming Shades Of Fall, one of the first songs ever that i growled to. ;)

Edited for exxageration.

@Malis: Yes! Crimson Winds is God...

@Salami: You will suffer my Punishment.

As for overrated DT songs, I'm not sure there are any. Most fan-favourites are that for a reason, and they certainly don't get undue praise outside of "fan-circles". Perhaps Archetype! Anything positive about that song is too much :yuk:

I remember starting a discussion about this wayyy back on the first DT-forum. Ahh, the nostalgy...

Anyway, I agree with Ormir - all DT songs deserve actually more praise than they get. And we can discuss this topic at the DT Song Survivor -threads, where many arguments have already stirred up (however, remember that it is just for fun!) - vote for a song you don't like and see how people react.

-Villain

:lol: I just realised i thought the topic was for UNDERrated songs. :lol:

Siren (overrated)

it is Hedon.

though i like it, i think it wouldn't enter in my top 10 dark tranquillity songs (i'm never gonna do that anyway :rolleyes: ), and many people sees it as the best.

Miolo

Originally posted by Ormir
@Malis: Yes! Crimson Winds is God...

@Salami: You will suffer my Punishment.

What he said :p

as for overrated....I would have to saaaaay....Hedon. Hedon is a damn good song but people warship it when i think DT has done a lot of better tunes ;)

<Uses his 500th post for good instead of evil... and slays the haters of Hedon>

Definitely Away, Delight, Away... never really liked much off of Skydancer or OCaEN... good albums, just not what I'd expected them to be.

And I still think Hedon is at least in the top 5 dt songs

~Kovenant

What a surprising comments... :s

I myself, I hate Archetype :rolleyes:
But that's just obvious anyway..

And like Punish My Heaven a lot..
Mainstream within the not-main-streamers? ....Or not?

yeah, Arhcetype is way tooooo overrated...and the fact tha somebody on this planet agreed on releasing that in a cd proves I'm right... ;)

fathervic (suicidal angel)