overrated DT songs..

On the spot I'd say Punish my Heaven, Therein and Zodijackyl Light (though the rearrangements the band made on the recent-tour version of ZL made it really more interesting and appealing, this I admit :))

Alfred (waiting for the underrating songs' thread to throw My Faeryland Forgotten in ;))

White Noise/Black Silence sure it is a good song, but not as godly as rahvin and Villain claim it to be.

Originally posted by rahvin
everything is exactly as godly as villain and i claim it to be. :p

Exactly! If both me and the dwarf can agree on the greatness of some song, it indeed has to be an incredibly awesome piece of art.

After all, my list of most over-rated DT-songs nowadays includes songs like Feast of Burden, Auctioned and On Your Time - and I guess you all know Rahvin's opinions regarding those.

Of the songs mentioned this far in this thread, I find only ThereIn, Of Chaos and Eternal Night and Zodijackyl Light over-rated (and I agree that ZL was far better live than on album). The rest are absolutely excellent.

-Villain

I agree with seventi

Lethe is indeed overrated.
and I guess Punish My Heaven too, though I seem to enjoy this song more nowadays...

But as was said in the first post:
"ok, this doesn't necessarily mean the songs are bad.. just that they get too much hype.. "

Originally posted by Blind Tranquillity
I agree with seventi

Lethe is indeed overrated.
and I guess Punish My Heaven too, though I seem to enjoy this song more nowadays...

But as was said in the first post:
"ok, this doesn't necessarily mean the songs are bad.. just that they get too much hype.. "

Finally, someone who understands me. Lethe is just waaay to hyped, but not a bad song, not at all

Kovenant84 is right. Skydancer and the following MCD are IMHO, plain "good" albums, they're nothing extraordinary, as many of you on this board claim. So I say the hole album Skydancer is overrated.

@HarmonyDies: Because it's one of the songs that have brought many ppl into DT and metal, maybe? ;)