Overwhelming need to connect with likeminded others

mrnix

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2015
I have no idea why. I listen to metal and my family, friends and peers have never understood it. My sister asked just a few days ago.. Have you not grown out of 'that' yet. Finally I feel the need to ask the following questions to the interweb. Why, when I am the least violent person I've ever known, do I listen to some of the most depraved, some would say anti-social, albeit insanely musical art ? Why do you? Do you harbour (yes I'm from England so I use the u in words like harbour!) satanic tendancies? Do you crave violence on the world. Are you like me? Do you just love what you love because it's amazing? Or do you crave it because no-one else does. Tell me. What makes you tick when it comes to the music we adore? First timer. On a road to self discovery. I cannot wait to hear from the sane amongst you !

Welcome man :)

You'll find quite a lot of like minded folk in the General Metal Discussion area, especially if you like some of that darker stuff.

If you're open minded and into a good amount of Power and Prog Metal, check out the ProgPower USA forum, Divebomb forum and many others further down the page.

Explore!

And no, I just turned 44 and still haven't "grown out of it" :)