Oyvinds SOLO cd ????

vessal1

vessal1
Dec 2, 2005
Boise, Idaho
hehe this otta stir things up a bit!

but c'mon we know youve got some material youre holdin out on us.
rumour has it your a rippin bass player and guitars(probably) too.
something, anything would be cool even maybe some acoustic stuff.
personal demos?
It would make my Xmas to know you could release something purely
Oyvind! pleeeeeeeeez ?!?!
I know everyone here would agree...........

well here's a little relevant thing i posted a while back in the thread "Steinar Gundersen's Guitars"... post #52:

lars k norberg said:
Since Oyvind being an excellent bass-player, we could probably also reproduce it live
Damn!! is there anything that Oyvind can't play or do??? Vocals, Keyboards, Bass... i'm guessing guitars too!! since he knows how to play bass, he probably should know how to play guitars.... so wait... why doesn't he just go learn how to play drums (unless he already knows :p !!!), and then he can easily form his own one-man-band !!! ...it would be interesting to see him juggle from one instrument to the other if he plays live (LOL) !!!

would be cool ...eh ?? :D ... plus it could very well be feasible considering the fact that Mr. Haegland is multi-talented !!

Wow, thanks!

I don't feel the need to do a solo album.
My music is at its best when it's performed by Spiral Architect.
On the other hand I play some guitarsolos on the new Scariot-album and I've played bass on a couple of albums before that.
What I would like to do on an album is to play bass the way I want to and not be limited to follow the rhythm guitar. To me, bass is not just a back-up instrument.
I know how to play drums but I'm not really into the performing-part of it.
I used to play the accordion when I was younger, but sadly I cannot remember any of that.

well I didnt really mean "start something" I just meant if you had recordings
lying around cool enough to throw out there as a small "treat" to those who would care. we would enjoy them Im sure regardless of the sonic quality and such. It IS good to know however that your heart lies within the frame-work of Spiral Architect. Thanks for your reply tho.
Hell, you could do :
" Its an Oyvind Haegelund christmas " and do christmas carols
it would still probably be neat(not to be an ass kisser or anything)

Oyvind H said:
What I would like to do on an album is to play bass the way I want to and not be limited to follow the rhythm guitar. To me, bass is not just a back-up instrument.

Very true indeed. I really enjoy recording the bass parts AFTER the guitar parts are all there for exactly that reason (avoiding any tuning discrepancies as well). That way the bass player can have a lot more freedom in coming up with their parts, not to mention the orchestrational possibilities that immediately open up.

Neil K.

Oyvind H said:
Wow, thanks!

then plz make one! Rob van der Loo from Sun caged (just below this forum!) has also solo work with only bass & stick (Six arms) and that sounds really good. He's got now a new cd also with alot of guest musicians and that one is also really cool. But i like the Six arms more because it's a multilayered bass thing.

http://www.robvanderloo.com/