Ozzfest Review 2005

T_man357 said:
They did those in Mass too....I forgot to put them down...'

How did you like it?? And who was the best band you saw???

Heres the thing about the main stage at the CT show:
It started raining during In Flames. I had an indoor seat, so I was cool, even though we had access to the lawn. People started sliding down the mud and flipping around and such, it was a damn good time.
Then the chaos begins, because during BLS, the lawn people start throwing mud pies at each other... and then us. And this went on for, no joke, nearly 4 hours. Its was impossibly to enjoy BLS or Shadows Fall (Mudvayne was horrible anyway, so that diddn't matter. How in the hell did these guys get the slot right before Maiden, let alone on the main stage?) I saw some dude choking someone out. I saw plenty of fighting. One of the older security guys slipped on mud, broke his arm, and went into shock. Of course, they guards were trying to calm it, then those dickheads in Mudvayne tell them how they supprted them 110%. Moron. It was chaos. Then before Maiden, one of the guys comes out and tell thems they may not be able to come back next year if they keep it up. So they stopped, and there was much cheering about for that decision.
It was amusing during BLS (Even though I diddn't get to see Zakk Wyldes sick guitar work so well), but it just got out of hand. Whatever happened to good old moshing?

Anyway, as for best set, it is impossible to choose between Maiden and Sabbath. Maiden puts on one a hell of a show, and Bruce is one of the most energetic frontmen I've ever seen (This was my second time seeing Maiden, and non of the energy was lost). Nice setlist to (Except for the lack of "Killers"
crap.gif
). Funny enough, they had no sound during "Wrath Child" and they started getting booed! Well, only because of the sound, but seriously, booing at a Maiden show? I'm sure that breaks some Metal commandment!

Sabbath.... holy shit, they blew me away. Ozzy had to have been on crack, because he was jumping around and singing like he was back in the 70s or 80s. He looked so happy to be there. I was damn proud of him. The rest of the band was great too, especially Your God of Metal and Mine, Tony Iommi (Which reminds me, does anyone else think he looks like he could be related to Christopher Walken?) Killer setlist too (INTO THE FUCKIN' VOID!!
headbob.gif
. OH yeah, and the song "Black Sabbath" sounds 1000x more eviler live!). One complaint though. They started to play Symptom of the Universe, and I just lost it! But right when they were about to get into the first verse, they go into the riff from Sweet Leaf, then some other riff, then into Electric Funeral. I'm sorry, but you do NOT tease me with Symptom!

Anyway, as for the second stage, nothing too special. I mostly watched Soilwork, Arch Enemy, The Haunted, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Rob Zombie. Nothing horrible, but all of their setlists were predicable (although, nice touch from Trivium for ending with the godly "Ride The Lightning" riff).
I wouldn't say there was any "Breakout Band" this year, although if I had to choose one, it would probably be Trivium. They have potential, they are just still finding themselves.

"Worst band of the show" honors go to Mudvayne. Again, how did they get the slot before Maiden, let alone the main stage?

they had no sound during "Wrath Child" and they started getting booed! Well, only because of the sound, but seriously, booing at a Maiden show? I'm sure that breaks some Metal commandment!

Most definately a violation of Metal Law! So you're at this huge festival and the sounds cuts out...is that so unexpected?!?!
gives.gif
you keep singing along, help em along till the prob is fixed, then breakout once more. :headbang: