Ozzfest 2005 Review....

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
I was at the kickoff of Ozzfest last night and I guess all & all it wasn't that bad..
Not as good as last year.....But O.K.

2nd Stage: Basically the whole 2nd stage lineup sucked real bad!!!
The only band I really wanted to see was Mastodon...But I was still partying
in the parking lot when they were on.....Killswitch Engage were a fucking joke!! Rob Zombie was good, He did some pretty cool shit including partial covers of Van Halen, James Gang & Lynyrd Skynyrd then Zakk Wylde came out and they started harrassing each other about the Red Sox & Yankees
(And since I can't stand baseball...This did nothing for me!!)

Main Stage:
In Flames - Were nothing special!! To me they are one of those bands who sound like every other band.

BLS - Were GREAT!!! Zakk was out of his fucking mind with showing off!!
He dropped both his white polka dotted Rhoads "V" and his orange Bullseye
Les Paul guitars into the crowd while leaning down playing with his teeth & behind his back funny stuff!!

Shadows Fall - Were un fucking believable!!! very high intensity, there fucking drummer is sick..His double bass sounds like a damn M60 capping off rounds....This was my 4th time seeing these guys and they haven't disappointed yet!!

Mudvayne - I can't stand em...So I went up on the lawn for a few beers..
They could've been good...But probably sucked...People will have to see them
if they want to know how they are.

Iron Maiden - Were AWESOME!!!! seriously I just knew after seeing these guys that they were going to steal the show (Like Priest did last year)
They just did tunes from the 1st four albums....Bruce was crazy as hell!!
For some reason they had 3 guitarists Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and some blond guy who was just as big a fucking ham as Zakk was earlier in the night
This guy fought Eddie with his guitar, was throwing the fucking thing in the air
(Real High) and just raising all sorts of hell in general..And Steve Harris...what the hell can be said...The guys a bass playing genius!! GREAT SET!!!

Black Sabbath - Well after seeing Iron Maiden these guys were just an afterthought in my mind....Then they started their set.....All I can say is WOW!! Ozzy came out like he was in his fucking 20s!!! Jumping around with this big ass smile that he never lost all night!! They did The Wizard among other songs that you don't hear live everyday and were insane!!!
I hate to possibly bum out all the Iron Maiden fans.....But Black Sabbath were the BEST band of the night!! I've seen them 5 times now and this was the best I've ever seen them....I don't know if it's because it was the 1st date and they had a ton of energy to burn and if they'll lose it as the tour goes on. But all I can tell you is that they OWNED Ozzfest last night!!!! And as good as some of the other bands were.....That's quite an accomplishment!!

Kickass!! My buddy and I got free tickets to the Detroit show from a lobbyist that he knows...Who says special interests groups are worthless:D I can't wait to see The Haunted and Mastodon:headbang: and of course Maiden and Sabbath but that goes without saying....

That's cool bro! I know you'll have a kick ass time!!! I wanted to see The Haunted too but they started at 12:15p and I don't know about the other places but in Mass once you go in you're stuck inside, so I like to wait until the last minute so I'm not paying $7.50 a beer until I really have to.

You'll have a blast dude!!! Let me know what you think!!!

MyHatred said:
Kickass!! My buddy and I got free tickets to the Detroit show from a lobbyist that he knows...Who says special interests groups are worthless:D I can't wait to see The Haunted and Mastodon:headbang: and of course Maiden and Sabbath but that goes without saying....

Lame..Lame..Lame....Well, I am NOT at Ozzfest right now. I luckily caught an awesome chest cold:Smug: and have been unable to shake it since. I have felt like total shit the past couple of days so I just gave my ticket to a buddy...NO SABBATH, THE HAUNTED, BLACK DAHLIA MURDER OR MAIDEN FOR ME:bah: :mad: :bah: :mad: For fucks sake when will my string of bad luck for concerts stop:confused: