Ozzfest

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
Went to Ozzfest on Monday, and Superjoint Ritual was UNREAL!!!!
They were the heaviest act on the main stage. I was a little uneasy about
there set after hearing someone on the board say all Phil does is badmouth
Pantera I mean shit you want to hear the tunes not their bitching......
Fortunatley all they did was kick ass!!! Very Impressive.

Here's my list of best to suck (My opinion obviously)

Judas Priest - No one was better!!! NO ONE!!
Superjoint Ritual
Hatebreed - Whole 2nd stage area was one big pit!!
Slayer - Tightest band all night!! Like listening to the cd boxset
Black Sabbath - Made a few mistakes...But who fucking cares, It's Black Sabbath
B.L.S. - Should have been higher up on the bill
Lamb Of God - Picked that cd up immediatley on Tues
Dimmu Borgir - I don't like these guys....To be honest I think they suck!!
But man there fucking drummer might actually be better than Dave Lombardo
Crazy intense drummer, I might grab their cd as well to see if they grow on me.

There were some bad bands but the only one I can think of right now is
Otep.....Man this band sucks!!! That chick must've blown Ozzy and cleaned
Sharons carpet to get on the bill.

Anyway like I said....One mans opinion.

Hey, I am going to the Detroit show and I can't wait. Did you happen to see Every Time I Die? I seen them in Grand Rapids and they were rocking in pajamas...It was fucking awesome, they are definitely a metal band in every sense but they are able to have fun and not take themselves to seriously like most metal bands. Sounds like a good time...I think I am going to dub this show the drunk fest because there are so many bands that kick ass that I am going to have a hard time not enjoying a cold one(or four) during their sets. I am NOT going to see Dimmu though I can't stand those
tubesteak tarzans.

MHFYRD,

I was in the parking lot drinking for Every Time I Die
We were facing the 2nd stage and I saw them play....They were really good.
I definetly should not have forgotten them....But Hatebreed ruled the 2nd stage, After them a good 80% of the people left for the main stage before Slipknot even came on (I didn't see them due to the fact that they suck!!)

And just a little advice....I can't stand dimmu, But I got to my seat for their
last two songs and all I can say is listen to their drummer, he's truly amazing!!

And Judas Priest is gonna blow your mind, and take you back to the early 80's

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Hey, I am going to the Detroit show and I can't wait. Did you happen to see Every Time I Die? I seen them in Grand Rapids and they were rocking in pajamas...It was fucking awesome, they are definitely a metal band in every sense but they are able to have fun and not take themselves to seriously like most metal bands. Sounds like a good time...I think I am going to dub this show the drunk fest because there are so many bands that kick ass that I am going to have a hard time not enjoying a cold one(or four) during their sets. I am NOT going to see Dimmu though I can't stand those
tubesteak tarzans.

Cool, I MIGHT go see Dimmu just because of the fact that I play drums and I always enjoy seeing a good drummer. I believe that about Slipknot, they sound terrible live aside from the fact that their latest album sucks pretty damn bad. I think they should be called SourKnot now because the fags got a bunch of acoustic songs on their new album. Apparently the grammy nomination Stone Sour got has gone to Corey's head.....I doubt I am going to watch Hatebreed though because I have seen those guys like 8 times this year. I am surprised that Superjoint Ritual kicked ass though being that they play so early and we all know what Phil does in his spare time. I seen them this last fall at the Eagles club in Milwaukee and I have to say that I was REALLY disappointed. Phil was so incoherrent and rambling for so long that they probably only played for like 45 minutes and they were the headliners....I also flew out to see this show as a birthday present for my bro so you could imagine my disappointment after dealing with airports, screaming babies and just a fuck load of bullshit to get there.
T_man357 said:
MHFYRD,

I was in the parking lot drinking for Every Time I Die
We were facing the 2nd stage and I saw them play....They were really good.
I definetly should not have forgotten them....But Hatebreed ruled the 2nd stage, After them a good 80% of the people left for the main stage before Slipknot even came on (I didn't see them due to the fact that they suck!!)

And just a little advice....I can't stand dimmu, But I got to my seat for their
last two songs and all I can say is listen to their drummer, he's truly amazing!!

And Judas Priest is gonna blow your mind, and take you back to the early 80's

I don't know what they'll be like in August, don't forget they played
Mass 2nd show in.....But Phil was coherrent, angry and intense!!
He even quotes Peter Steele before a song.....He definetly was NOT on the
needle for this show, But who's to say what's to come.
Do me a favor,after you see them throw a post up with how you feel it went
I'd like to know..

Cool, I definitely will do that. I can't wait to see this show just about all fav bands are on this well aside from S.O.D.(hint hint nudge nudge Billy) maybe next year hehehe. I know thats a pipedream in a half but hey one can wish. I don't know if you like Snot but I seen them on Ozzfest in 98 and got to get way fucked up with Lynn backstage but man I have yet to see a pit as fierce as theirs even Slayer's hasn't come close. I even got to see them the next day with Soulfly talk about a kickass 2 days, although Soulfly is kinda weak these days. Oh well

The13thCandle said:
I believe the drummer from Dimmu Borgir is from the band Nile. The drummer they were going to use couldnt get the visas in time.
He really was impressive!! I just went to Niles website but they didn't
mention anything about it, I may grab one of their cds today
any suggestions??

I went to ozzfest at jones beach yesterday. It was fucking killer.Hatebreed killed shit. Sabbath,Sjr,Slayer, and Preist rawked. The rain sucked but it was still worth the price of admission. Lamb of God and God Forbid Were pretty cool too.Later my brothers.

Yeah, he is in Nile. I read something about him playing for Dimmu on Blabbermouth because of Dimmu's drummer having visa problems. Don't know anything about the band though

T_man357 said:
He really was impressive!! I just went to Niles website but they didn't
any suggestions??

Yeah, he is in Nile. I read something about him playing for Dimmu on Blabbermouth because of Dimmu's drummer having visa problems. Don't know anything about the band though
Then it's official....dimmu borgir truly BLOW DOG!!!
The best part of their band is on loan from someone else.
The drummer was the only reason to catch their last two songs.

I'd like to know how they ended up playing after BLS and Superjoint
Must be their black dresses and make up.....LOSERS!!

Yeah, I think it has something to do with their raccoon face paint and the "ass puppets dont play first" clause they had in their contract. I rank them right up there with Cradle of Filth as far as sucking ass goes. That really did piss me off when I seen the line up and who was going first. I mean what the fuck? How is Dimmu more popular than Superjoint and BLS? Maybe in Europe or something they may be more popular but those are the same people who think that Rammstein, techno and vinyl shirts are cool. Oh well Sharon dropped the ball on that one, you think Zack would have some kind of say on when they play. That fucker has got to be one seriously hungover dude when they go on because he parties like a viking(who could blame him on this tour so MANY good bands to watch daily).

::He really was impressive!! I just went to Niles website but they didn't
any suggestions??::

Try Niles "In Their Darkened Shrines", Its a killer cd, if your into the whole "cookie monster" style.

The singer has a Napalm Death thing going on (Which isn't a bad thing)
I didn't pick up the cd yet....a friend of mine has some of their stuff
that he downloaded from the net.

Thanks for the info 13th Candle.:headbang: :D :kickass:

Try Niles "In Their Darkened Shrines", Its a killer cd, if your into the whole "cookie monster" style.[/QUOTE]

In one of the more bizarre scenes from a day full of bizarre scenes, a man in a wheelchair actually surfed the roiling mosh pit as SLIPKNOT launched into the buzz-saw tune 'Heretic Anthem'," she wrote.

" 'I thought I'd seen it all but that's some serious (bleep) right there,' said SLIPKNOT screamer Corey Taylor.

"As it turns out, two of the poorer performances of the day actually took place on the main stage. Egomaniacal 'singer' Phil Anselmo (he of PANTERA fame) seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice more than the sound of his rock. Backed by new band SUPERJOINT RITUAL, he couldn't seem to shut his yapper as he droned on about the state of hard-core music and the state of war.

" 'I know there's a bunch of cry babies about the war but if we weren't the ones who did it, nobody else would have,' he announced. Conservatives take note: This is the same wanker who went on to mouth the words 'White Power!' as he executed a few Hitler-esque hand gestures.

Uh-Oh T-man, looks like the sun is starting to go to Phils head. That is some funny shit about the guy in the wheelchair though, I wish I could have seen that even though I don't care for slipknot. Don't know about that white power bullshit. Phil can be pretty ignorant sometimes and I don't think he thinks shit through. I don't know, we will see what kind of shape he is in when I go to the Detroit show. My prediction is he will be way fucked up and out of it again when I see him. I really hope not but it seems like I always miss his good performances and get to see his lackluster shows because he is way to drunk or fucked up on some kind of shit. I know he is perfectly capable of putting on a badass show because I seen pantera many a times and for the most part it was fucking awesome everytime (aside from the show that i got more tore up then phil probably was. A fifth of whiskey will do it though) Who knows? I will definitley post my highlights and lowlights from Ozzfest. counting the days till OZZFEST!!!!

Also to make my trip to Ozzfest even better, my cousin is flying in from Vicenza, Italy where he is stationed for the army to go see this show. This is the same guy who got me into metal and gave me my first drumset. So this show is already kickass!

The guys name is tony LAredo he played in Angelcorpse if I remember correctly. He also was C. Corpses drum tech. he is a bad ass mother and deffinately the guy to watch in america.

Buzzard said:
The guys name is tony LAredo he played in Angelcorpse if I remember correctly. He also was C. Corpses drum tech. he is a bad ass mother and deffinately the guy to watch in america.

Thanks for the info Billy!!
Dude is a crazy intense drummer!!

It's really too bad MHFYRD
Because I can honestly tell you that they were only behind
Judas Priest and maybe Slayer as the best mainstage act in Mass.

I hope for you that you get to see them with him straight
or at least not on the needle

In one of the more bizarre scenes from a day full of bizarre scenes, a man in a wheelchair actually surfed the roiling mosh pit as SLIPKNOT launched into the buzz-saw tune 'Heretic Anthem'," she wrote.

" 'I thought I'd seen it all but that's some serious (bleep) right there,' said SLIPKNOT screamer Corey Taylor.

"As it turns out, two of the poorer performances of the day actually took place on the main stage. Egomaniacal 'singer' Phil Anselmo (he of PANTERA fame) seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice more than the sound of his rock. Backed by new band SUPERJOINT RITUAL, he couldn't seem to shut his yapper as he droned on about the state of hard-core music and the state of war.

" 'I know there's a bunch of cry babies about the war but if we weren't the ones who did it, nobody else would have,' he announced. Conservatives take note: This is the same wanker who went on to mouth the words 'White Power!' as he executed a few Hitler-esque hand gestures.

Uh-Oh T-man, looks like the sun is starting to go to Phils head. That is some funny shit about the guy in the wheelchair though, I wish I could have seen that even though I don't care for slipknot. Don't know about that white power bullshit. Phil can be pretty ignorant sometimes and I don't think he thinks shit through. I don't know, we will see what kind of shape he is in when I go to the Detroit show. My prediction is he will be way fucked up and out of it again when I see him. I really hope not but it seems like I always miss his good performances and get to see his lackluster shows because he is way to drunk or fucked up on some kind of shit. I know he is perfectly capable of putting on a badass show because I seen pantera many a times and for the most part it was fucking awesome everytime (aside from the show that i got more tore up then phil probably was. A fifth of whiskey will do it though) Who knows? I will definitley post my highlights and lowlights from Ozzfest. counting the days till OZZFEST!!!!