Ozzfest

The13thCandle said:
Ive waited quite a few years to see these guys and they didnt disappoint. :headbang: You guys can slag them all you want. I had a killer time and they rocked. Got some good pics too. :D

I didn't say it to be insulting.....It was genuine.
Just because I don't like em'....don't mean they suck

Its cool 13th candle, just because we don't like em doesn't mean they are not a favorite band to someone. I heard some of the current cd this weekend and admit that the drumming is def. good but I just can't get over the guys vocals....T-man have you got the Lamb of God dvd "terror and hubris"? I just picked it up this weekend and its fucking awesome. Some of the concert footage lacks a little in quality of sound but overall its fucking awesome and definitely worth the 10.00 I paid for. One of the pits at the end of the dvd is unreal and there is the one clip where the singer makes the mistake of getting close to the pit and gets leveled. You have to watch real close for that part because it is so quick. I highly recommend picking it up though, its definitely a good video to enjoy some beers with

Oh HELL yes!!!! I am on a Lamb of God kick right now!!!!! I was a newbie to them also this until this last weekend. I bought the cd on a whim because everyone keeps talking about how good they are. Let me tell the you, GO GET THE CD!!!! I haven't heard a good metal band like them in a LONG time...Also, check out their dvd, It should be real cheap and its definitley worth every penny you pay for it.....Real funny in some spots too.....I am absolutely looking forward to seeing those guys now!!!!

They were VERY GOOD Live!! I snagged the disc after seeing them at
Ozzfest....I didn't know they had a dvd (Thanks MHFYRD)
but I will be picking it up soon

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Oh HELL yes!!!! I am on a Lamb of God kick right now!!!!! I was a newbie to them also this until this last weekend. I bought the cd on a whim because everyone keeps talking about how good they are. Let me tell the you, GO GET THE CD!!!! I haven't heard a good metal band like them in a LONG time...Also, check out their dvd, It should be real cheap and its definitley worth every penny you pay for it.....Real funny in some spots too.....I am absolutely looking forward to seeing those guys now!!!!

Ozzy is a sorry fucking cunt nowadays. He can't sing for shit anymore and his wife has him by the gonads.

Ozzy 1970-1997= Pretty fucking cool.
Ozzy 1998-2002= Starting to lose it, voice and mind.
Ozzy 2002-Present= A sorry fucking cunt.

Well if your wife could make you millions then I am sure that you would be whipped to. Granted that The Osbournes tv show is an absolutely dreadful pile of crap to watch. I just wish that I could beat the shit out of Jack and then have my girlfriend beat the shit out of Kelly, those 2 ass ninjas are the most ungrateful pieces of shit.....Jack has every single resource at his finger tips from the best players on the planet and yet he has zero musical talent....same goes for Kelly. That bitch just needs a good punch in the throat..Sharon is just a resourceful money grubber but she basically made Ozzy successful again so she isn't so bad.....Ozzy would be dead by now if she wouldn't put up with his shit for so many years. Ozzy now, well he's just along for the ride now

Well, I am finally going to Ozzfest tommorow!!!! The show should be great I am definitely looking forward to seeing Priest, Lamb of God, ETID, Slayer, BLS and Sabbath.. I saw the new Lamb of God video on Headbangers Ball this weekend, it sounded pretty good but it is always hard to judge a song when you have only heard it the one time....I also heard the new Helmet this weekend and I really don't know what to say.....It definitely didn't sound like the Helmet I remember. Has anyone else heard the new Helmet song? I don't know it might just be me but it seems like Page repeats himself way to many times in the song. I heard a couple of songs on the new Mastodon and I can definitely tell you that it kicks serious ass... Check those guys out if you haven't already

MHFYRD,

Dude you're gonna have an awesome time!! I wish I could go again.
Lamb of God were UNREAL!! Like I said second to only Hatebreed on that stage..Don't forget let me know how SJR is, I'm telling you they were crazy great in Ma.
Zakk was great, basically all the main stage except those ass clowns dimmu borgir were excellent....But Priest stole the show!!

I hope you have an insane time!!!

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Well, I am finally going to Ozzfest tommorow!!!! The show should be great I am definitely looking forward to seeing Priest, Lamb of God, ETID, Slayer, BLS and Sabbath.. I saw the new Lamb of God video on Headbangers Ball this weekend, it sounded pretty good but it is always hard to judge a song when you have only heard it the one time....I also heard the new Helmet this weekend and I really don't know what to say.....It definitely didn't sound like the Helmet I remember. Has anyone else heard the new Helmet song? I don't know it might just be me but it seems like Page repeats himself way to many times in the song. I heard a couple of songs on the new Mastodon and I can definitely tell you that it kicks serious ass... Check those guys out if you haven't already

Ok, I get to the venue and we decide we are going to have a few brews in the parking lot since I heard ETID played their last song Ebolarama... I no more than crack a beer and we are surrounded by pigs on horses and security. They decide that we are NOT going to be drinking in the parking lot and then they search all of us.(didn't find a thing hahahaha). Oh well there goes our idea for having the heavy metal parking lot! Then the fucking dumbshit security guard tells us that we need to save the beer for after the show...Now, I don't claim to be the smartest person but wouldn't that be really fucking stupid getting drunk before you drive home?? After getting fucked with for about 45mins we decide to just go into the venue.
I was greeted by the boring ass sounds of Magni-Fi. They managed to play about 20 mins of shit and then thankfully left the stage. Next up...Lacuna Coil: damn now I really know why I don't like clit rock. They sucked more than Mcgreevey does at a Village People concert. Next up: Atreyu, damn these guys could not could not be any shittier. All of their songs were whiny and boring. So instead of listening to their piles of crap that they call songs I figure its alcohol time. I Wait in line for about ten minutes to pay for my delicious $8.50 beers. 17 dollars later I have a slight buzz going and decide that I need to spend another 17 dollars on some more beer. Well, this went on for pretty much the rest of the day and I ended up spending about 120.00 on beer.
Lamb of God came out and decimated everyone. They played about seven songs including their new one. Hatebreed kicked a whole lot of ass and packed a good wallop to everyone. People were getting carried out on stretchers everywhere. I can't really believe that fucking people will still mosh even though we were standing on concrete, needless to say alot of dumbfucks split their melons open and were now leaving the concert in an ambulance. I have noticed that hatebreed seem to be more of an outdoor band to. I have seen them like 8 times in outdoor and indoor shows and they always seem to be at their best outdoors. I didn't stick around at all for Slipknot. I have seen them several times before and they have always sounded super shitty. I think it might have to do with the fact that they got 9 people in their band and no sound system can't have that many fucking people playing instruments.
I sat on the hill drinking until BLS came on and well they dominated like I thought they would. Then Superjoint came on and just as I suspected Phil was shitty drunk not to far off from me but I paid Ozzfest to entertain me. Phil spent 13 minutes( I counted on my watch every time he would start his stupid rants) of the half hour they were playing spewing his political idealogy(which three fourths of it was shit and was indecipherable because he was so lit).
I did not like Dimmu at all but I knew I wouldn't anyhow so I won't get into their set. Slayer was okay, again this is a band that I have seen like 13 times so I knew what to expect from them. It was a good set they played all of their classics. I was not surprised at all by their set but all in all it was good...Classic Slayer once again. Judas Priest also kicked a whole lot of ass. I am not super familiar with them but I was impressed and had a good ol time watching them. They also didn't really pull any punches they just came out kicked some ass and played all of their hits. Sabbath absolutely ruled!!!! I have seen Sabbbath 3 times now and this was their best set yet....Ozzy sounded great, Iommi hit it note for note, Geezer did his cool little war dance like he always does when playing, the only real weak link was Bill Ward. I don't know, of all the people in the band he looks like he is in the worst shape. You could tell he is about one cheeseburger away from another heart attack. All in all I would say my Ozzfest experience was a 7.5 out of 10.....Not a whole lot surprises but that is not always a bad thing :headbang:

Fucking Lamb of God live here in richmond , Ive been trying to find out where they "hang " so I can meet those dudes. Ive met Gwar and hung out with those guys a few times. Lamb of God is the best thing to come from richmond since Firehouse..............ok there the only good band to come from richmond, ...................Im pretty fucked up right now so pay no mind to me

Hell ya Old School! I love the death metal karoke! I was practicing my guttaral growl last night on that thing.....Lamb of God does rule, they were definitely my favorite band at Ozzfest. I have met Gwar a bunch of times myself, I am going to their Halloween show this year it is going to kick some ass for sure.

I've seen GWAR 8 times. They were my very first concert.

I went to the first Ozzfest show in Hartford. I got there kind of late, because I wasn't interested in seeing most of the second stage bands (espeically Otep, I should have wore my Bush/Cheney pin just to piss the singer off :D). I did see Lamb of God, and the WALL OF DEATH! The main stage is what I was interested in. BLS was great. They should have had a longer set. SJR were ok. I dindn't care for Dimmu. Slayer fucking SLAYED!, but I expected that. Priest and Sabbath were awesome. Ozzy actually sounded good. The highlights were Slayer, Priest and Sabbath.

Firehead said:
Glad you had fun MHfYRD, but damn...

That's more fucked up than I have words for! Yikes!!!

Yeah, I didn't really plan on spending that much on beer either but I did buy a few for my friends but I definitely spent ALOT on myself also. I am in retirement now for the time being my body is stilll reeling from all the partying that has taken course over the past week. My brother had his bachelor party on friday and we went and seen Machine Head and Chimira then hit up the strip clubs afterward. I have probably spent at least 450-500 dollars just on partying, hotel rooms, strippers ect., ect. over the past week. So I am just leaving the drinking and such on a high note and I am going to take a month or two off(from drinking) and just save some loot.....