P.M.R.C.

Back to the subject matter...Hook in Mouth!

F, is for fighting, R is for red
Ancestors' blood in battles they've shed
E, we elect them, E, we eject them
In the land of the free and the home of the brave
D, for your dying, O, your overture
M, will cover your grave with manure
This spells out FREEDOM, it means nothing to me
As long as there's P.M.R.C

well i heard by many people and friends (among them hardcore megadeth fans) that the world needs a hero absolutey sucks ;)

It doesn't suck but it isn't great IMO. I think its better than Cryptic Writings and Risk for sure. And perhaps on par with Countdown (never been into that album a whole lot).

But it's nowhere near as good as Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good, Rust In Peace or Youthanasia! :headbang:

World Needs A Hero rules man. It's better than any album after Countdown, and just as good as Countdown, but not as good as Rust. Peace, So Far & Business are more raw, punk type influence so comparison is a little difficult to do. Hero isn't raw! It just rules.

Check out their version of Anarchy in the U.K. on So far, So good, So Fuckin' What. Early Megadeth was good raw metal, but I'm starting to think The World need a hero is my favourite. It's more pleasant on my ageing ears. hehehehe

So Far So Good is damn HEAVY! That guitar sound is SO thick, one of the thickest distortions I've ever heard. And the drums are very thunderous sounding too. Very heavy album.

Peace Sells is my favourite though :)

Hell yeah!

I still think Megadeth should open EVERY concert with Into The Lungs Of Hell. Just imagine Dave walking out and playing those opening chords of it. Then it kicks in... HELL YEAH! THRASSSSSSSSSSH!

I doubt it now that they've broken up.

Unless maybe in some years time when Dave's illness gets better and maybe they reunite.

I hate the These Days album! (Funny thing to say though since I'm wearing the shirt right now haha) But those 2 songs on it aren't bad, Hey God kinds rocks, but the '80s stuff and Keep The Faith can't be beaten I think.