paddy is asking about the band slipknot

Actually to me there one of the few tolerable nu-metal bands EFMKR the S/T roadrunner debut and Iowa were ok but they became Stone Sour part 2
on Vol.3 and i just think they need to call it a day.

Well i never said i hated all nu-metal. Band at one time i liked the fans(maggot faggots)
i hated. Thier were elements of death and thrash metal in their earlier
material (getting in my bomb shelter right now!).

You know after a very thourough argument about this I finally decided that I don't like them because they're overhyped. I can't enjoy what little talents they have simply because all of the idiots ruined it for me.

I mean, it's obviously not because they play simple music or dress funny, cause for those reasons I wouldn't like Immortal or Gorgoroth. And vocals/lyrics aren't usually a big deal to me. I dunno... because the bandwagon has too many idiots on it.

I think Slipknot's first album was amazing, Iowa was... ok-ish. The reason people pretend not to be interested in them at all (no disrespect to anyone who genuinely doesn't like them) is because they got on TV, in the charts etc. People tend not to make their own judgements and decisions anymore as far as I can see.

son_of_northern_darkness said:
I think Slipknot's first album was amazing, Iowa was... ok-ish. The reason people pretend not to be interested in them at all (no disrespect to anyone who genuinely doesn't like them) is because they got on TV, in the charts etc. People tend not to make their own judgements and decisions anymore as far as I can see.
No honestly they started doing gay shit like ballads and anthem like songs
on vol. 3 like "Before I Forget" to me they sound like Simon And Garfunkel
meets Skid Row.

KMADD said:
Actually to me there one of the few tolerable nu-metal bands EFMKR the S/T roadrunner debut and Iowa were ok but they became Stone Sour part 2
on Vol.3 and i just think they need to call it a day.

iexcuse me for being a dumbass but...
they stopped being "nu metal" on volume 3, did they not? now, in my opinion they are just metal
sub genres piss me off
massivly overrated and too popular but purdy good(to answer paddy's question)
(you rock paddy!:headbang: )

When I saw you were the last poster, I anticipated calling you a dumbass, but alas, you beat me to it. :(

What is so good about the drummer?? Seriously! He's competent, that's it. Any extreme metal drummer could handle his work.

Also, all the hype around that stupid stunt involving the revolving drum kit or whatever - if you actually watch the video for that, what he's actually playing is pretty shit bass drum and tom fills constantly.

He's the most overrated element of a hideously overrated band.