paddy is asking about the band slipknot

Metalheads don't like them because they play simple songs that are sort of metal,and then get hailed as the best metal band areound, win grammys, and have a legion of fans.

And the drummer. Flo Mournier, Horgh, Dave Lombardo, Hellhammer, I could go one, all could do just as good if not better than that guy, even if he is the most competent part of the band.

I have heard like one Slipknot track which made 0 impression on me.
Better stuff out there for me to waste my time on.

Besides the fact that they are nearly universally lampooned.

ender7227 said:
iexcuse me for being a dumbass but...
they stopped being "nu metal" on volume 3, did they not? now, in my opinion they are just metal
sub genres piss me off
massivly overrated and too popular but purdy good(to answer paddy's question)
(you rock paddy!:headbang: )
Bwahaha, idiot, they are assigned to nu-metal mainly because of Vol.3 Pls never post again.

High On Maiden said:
What is so good about the drummer?? Seriously! He's competent, that's it. Any extreme metal drummer could handle his work.
This is not true and you know it, why do you lie?

I think their first record was great - mega-agressive, creative and pretty unique, and even though I think the costumes, etc. are about as cheesy and gimmicky as it gets I really dig that CD.
I found everything else they released pretty shitty - but that's just me.

I also don't get why being a "good" or "excellent" drummer is so strongly equated with the difficulty of what's written. Just because any extreme metal drummer can "handle" your work doesn't mean you are a sub-par drummer. The grooves compliment the music, the fills are interesting and lead really well into different sections of the songs.

In my opinion it's much more boring to hear blast beats at 200BPM for three minutes than a well-crafted drum track. Maybe that's just because I'm a drummer, but the extreme shit loses its edge if overused.

High On Maiden said:
What is so good about the drummer?? Seriously! He's competent, that's it. Any extreme metal drummer could handle his work.

Also, all the hype around that stupid stunt involving the revolving drum kit or whatever - if you actually watch the video for that, what he's actually playing is pretty shit bass drum and tom fills constantly.

He's the most overrated element of a hideously overrated band.

its true, terrible band, and the drummer is nothing special

on a side note, he copied that revovling drum kit upside down shit off tommy lee...off fucking tommy lee!!!

all death metal drummers own him

especialy flo and rodderick

That quote would be almost sigworthy, if it wasn't the same rhetoric everyone has heard about a million times prior. Go think up something new.

Cybermartyr said:
its true, terrible band, and the drummer is nothing special

on a side note, he copied that revovling drum kit upside down shit off tommy lee...off fucking tommy lee!!!
Yeah i remember that from their autobiography.

I would say Joey is average (if not maybe abit above). I just dont see anything special about him, nothing that 90% of the drummers in the metalscene cant cover.

Why the fuck did satyricon choose joey to cover for frost in america anyway?

As for slipknot, i dont like them, at all. I dont like their music, their 'look', and how non-metal people think they are the most extreme metal band to ever exist is also really annoying.
Like when people ask me what i listen to, and i say metal, they go "oh so bands like slipknot?"

I actually had a non-metal listener know that Slipknot is hardcore and not metal the other day. I was completely stunned.

-Demonium- said:
Yeah i remember that from their autobiography.

I would say Joey is average (if not maybe abit above). I just dont see anything special about him, nothing that 90% of the drummers in the metalscene cant cover.

Why the fuck did satyricon choose joey to cover for frost in america anyway?

As for slipknot, i dont like them, at all. I dont like their music, their 'look', and how non-metal people think they are the most extreme metal band to ever exist is also really annoying.
Like when people ask me what i listen to, and i say metal, they go "oh so bands like slipknot?"

Apparently, he's a super-nice guy with a real love for extreme metal. I don't like Slipknot, but if he could play my bands shit, and he was quite a laugh and not a cunt, I'd hire him.