Pain

SaraFilipa

New Metal Member
Oct 25, 2006
The upcoming album from Pain, the creation of Hypocrisy frontman and extraordinary producer Peter Tägtgren, will be entitled "Psalms Of Extinction" and released April 18th in the Nordic countries and May 7th in Europe.
Noble guest on the album is no less than the legendary Mikkey Dee of Motörhead (ex. Dokken and King Diamond) playing the drums on "Zombie Slam". Additionally, Anders Iwers from In Flames found his way up to Peter's famous Abyss Studio to put down the bass on two songs. We also find some blistering work from guitar hero Alexi Laiho of Children Of Bodom on the epic song "Just Think Again".
A video for the song "Zombie Slam" will be shot in Los Angeles by Ralf Strathmann late February. Ralf has previously worked as a director for artists like Children Of Bodom, Apocalyptica and Soilwork. He is also photographer for HIM, Aerosmith and Blink 182 to name but a few. Expect an exciting video.
The first festival dates are confirmed and more will follow. Don't miss Pain at Tomahawk Festival, Osnabruck Germany 31st March 07, Eesto Rockfestival OU Estonia 16th June, Tuska Festival Finland 30th June and Summer Breeze Festival Dinkelsbühl Germany 17th August among others.
For more information on PAIN, visit your local Roadrunner site; www.roadrunnerrecords.(se, de, nl, fi, dk, pl, au, it, es, fr, co.za) or www.pain.cd.
Peter Tägtgren with Alexi once again?
Holy shit this is going to rock.:kickass:

Good stuff! Im suprised Pain is still pretty much unknown outside of scandinavia. They are good enough have worldwide success.

Woooooooahhhhhhh~!!!!!! Yeah, i'm actually excited for this thing. We get to hear some of Alexi's new work. ID like Hypocrisy but Alexi does so i guess this will be something really good.

Nice! Thanks for posting that.

Pain has some similarities with Hypocrisy (like dark mid-tempo songs and symphonic synth samples, etc..) but I can't say it sounds like Hypocrisy either. Good stuff though!