Pandora

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
So I typed in Anthrax to listen to a great Pandora channel while I'm painting my new house and this is the description that comes up...

To start things off, we'll play a song that exemplifies the musical style of Anthrax which features grunge recording qualities, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, repetitive melodic phrasing and minor key tonality.

I copied and pasted that, grunge recording qualities? Repetitive melodic phrasing? Who the hell wrote that? Type in Anthrax on Pandora and that is what comes up. Too weird anyway they're playing thrash so I'm loving it kinda new to Pandora.

It's an internet streaming radio station like last.fm but I don't think it monitors what you listen to in your own collection.

You look up an artist or song and play it and it will continue to play stuff that has similar tags. You can skip shit you don't like so many times in an hour and it will make a radio station based off of what you like. Picking Devin

Townsend ensures you get a bunch of his stuff popping up because he has so much shit under different band names.

If you guys haven't tried google play for music, it's pretty sweet. It copies all your music to a "cloud" and you can stream your collection from your phone or another computer.

Sorry thought Pandora was used everywhere, yeah Jono said it perfectly I like how they give info on the artist but I just found the description for Anthrax so weird. I just opened it and it started with Time live which was very cool. Funny how they list Led Zeppelin as a similar artist lol.

Haha. I remember thinking the same thing when I read that many years ago. Pandora is good for work. At home it sucks though...too many commercials. BTW, have you checked out Revocation ??? Damn they're bad ass. I saw them open for Children of Bodom a couple weeks back

Haha. I remember thinking the same thing when I read that many years ago. Pandora is good for work. At home it sucks though...too many commercials. BTW, have you checked out Revocation ??? Damn they're bad ass. I saw them open for Children of Bodom a couple weeks back
I'm listening to them now, yeah they're really good. It says they're a trio it sounds like there's at least two vocals. Very tight band good stuff.

So I typed in Anthrax to listen to a great Pandora channel while I'm painting my new house and this is the description that comes up...

To start things off, we'll play a song that exemplifies the musical style of Anthrax which features grunge recording qualities,

I copied and pasted that, grunge recording qualities?

They were probably talking about SOWN cause that was pretty much a grunge record.

I think Pandora is only available in the US, so the rest of the world isn't going to be familiar with it. That being said Pandora can be pretty awesome when you regularly channel out the music you like and don't like. I have a paid subscription I share with everyone in our family. My wife created several stations based on her tastes, while I have two metal stations, and my solo piano channel for when i need to get sleep during the day. My oldest son has his Adele channel since he likes her. But i have had all different types of channels i have created over the past 3 years based on whatever music i was listening to at the moment.