PANTERA DVD!!

Apr 3, 2005
IL
Hey, my big pantera fan friend told me about Pantera DVD coming out later this year..its supposed to be a live DVD(He might of said that it was damageplan).He also said that damage plan is coming out with another CD later this year. They're going to be must buys.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Hey, my big pantera fan friend told me about Pantera DVD coming out later this year..its supposed to be a live DVD(He might of said that it was damageplan).He also said that damage plan is coming out with another CD later this year. They're going to be must buys.

Hmm. all I've heard of is the Pantera home video pt.4 may be released, and som unreleased pantera songs + the new damageplan cd..
Don't know if its confirmed.. I hope it'll come out tough

That would be great, or a Pantera/Damageplan DVD. A historical retrospective would be cool. And we would be able to see that Phil was once a great vocalist...

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
I like Damage Plan more than I like Pantera

thats cool,i cant wait to hear next damageplan album,i have faith the brothers would deliver a better second album and go back to there pantera sound.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It did but who cares: so did the last Pantera album.

'
I liked Reinventing the steel a lot! I never got into "trendkill" and the major part of "far beyond driven"....they lost the songwriting aspect of music on those discs IMO! it's only blunt riffs and screaming.

The last one was very decent not as good as the first two or the last one of the early phase but still a good fourth!

spacebeer said:
'
I liked Reinventing the steel a lot! I never got into "trendkill" and the major part of "far beyond driven"....they lost the songwriting aspect of music on those discs IMO! it's only blunt riffs and screaming.

The last one was very decent not as good as the first two or the last one of the early phase but still a good fourth!

I disagree.

Personally, I find 10s, Floods, Use my Third Arm and a lot of the rest of those two albums to be the best, most throughtfully written stuff from the Pantera (non-glam) back catalogue.

Anyone ever think that the vocal melody (not lyrics) of Suicide Note Pt. I sounded very like Going to California by Led Zep?

Floods is a cool song though it's not very refined, there's some good moments on "far beyond driven" too but not as good as the first two albums IMO, I also "reinventing" more it has killer songs like "goddamn electric", "revolution is my name" and "uplift"....

spacebeer said:
'

I like Reinventing The Steel too..
But i disagree with the line "it's only blunt riffs and screaming". Theres alot of catchy riffs on both Far Beyond and Trendkill. And Phil still sings in melody...just with a more raw voice. Like "Drag The Waters" is heavy, but he still sings in melodys.

I've been playing the only Pantera cd I own - Far Beyond Driven...
I forgotten just how good some of that stuff sounds !!!!!!

:headbang:

RIP Dime........