Paradise Lost 5.1 mix?

Thonolan

Dec 17, 2004
Spain
Sorry if this has been already discussed, but found nothing using the search option.

From http://www.fascinationstreet.se/ (Jens Bogren's recording studio):

2008-02-10
SymphonyX 5.1 Mix

Yep, this is almost done. :)

Considering what Jens has done with the surround mixes of Opeth's "Watershed" and "Still Life", this might be amazing! Just imagine Oculus ex Inferni in 5.1 :loco:

Okay, listen at about 3:27 minutes, you'll notice this weird thud (at right, if you're using headphones) as if someone softly kicked the back of Romeo's cab while he wasn't looking.

I'm going to assume this is because it takes the album down from this "perfect" status, at least production-wise, and that ruins it for you. It probably makes you view the entire album differently.

Yeah.. Damn you Phanto, I personally never noticed this until you've mentioned it. :cry:

You really have to know it is there and where it is to actually hear it. But it's really there.:OMG: It's exactly at 3:30 for me.
I know why I didn't notice it before. Unconsciously, I was hearing it but thinking it was an outside noise.

It sounds more like someone bumping a mic or a mic stand to me.

I can't say it ruins the album for me though. You know what ruins the album for me? The piece of garbage stereo in my car which can barely play regular CDs (it also plays MP3 CDs) and it has already been replaced once! It is so frustrating trying to listen to music skipping and being garbled. Fortunately it doesn't happen all the time... Just a lot... And since it's now out of warranty I am going to modify it with an aux-in anyway :D