Paradise Lost

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
lol this thread has been done before but fuck it I am listening to their Shades of God album at the moment And man it rules its an awsome gloomy doomy album what do you guys think of this album and band?

I am not wild about the two albums I have, Gothic and Draconian Times, although they both have a few songs I really like. Oddly enough though, I've heard a song from Shades of God, Mortals Watch the Day, and I think it was better than damn near everything if not everything off of the two albums I have, so I've been planning on giving that album a try.

Gentleman of the Lake said:
I am not wild about the two albums I have, Gothic and Draconian Times, although they both have a few songs I really like. Oddly enough though, I've heard a song from Shades of God, Mortals Watch the Day, and I think it was better than damn near everything if not everything off of the two albums I have, so I've been planning on giving that album a try.

Dude you have to get it :) its great the whole album is good :) get that one and Icon those are the 2 best IMO Icon has some great tunes on it 2 :)

Shades of God was my introduction to Paradise Lost (I bought it about nine years ago). It ranks pretty high on my list of favorite albums. All the songs are pretty kickass. I also like Gothic and Icon. Lost Paradise had some good songs, but the production sounded like a demo. I'm not too familiar with the post Draconian Times stuff, except for Symbol of Life, and that album has some pretty strong tracks.

I saw them open for Opeth this past winter and I must say that for all the hype and the great recommendation they had I was not impressed at all. Apparently their first two albums are really good...? Several people told me that nothing from those albums had been played.

I have Draconian Times and although the first song is great, it gets boring towards the end. A friend of mine once told me that Paradise Lost is mandatory to make a 'goth metal' compilation, but it's hard to find an awesome song to put on it...

Psychonaut said:
I have Draconian Times and although the first song is great, it gets boring towards the end. A friend of mine once told me that Paradise Lost is mandatory to make a 'goth metal' compilation, but it's hard to find an awesome song to put on it...

:p thats because you dont have the right album Get Shades of God!!!!! or Icon those are the 2 best in their cataloge Awsome albums you wont be dissapointed after Icon good luck finding anything good :) I got the album one second the first 2 songs have great potential but the rest of it is garbage

JonnyD said:
:p thats because you dont have the right album Get Shades of God!!!!! or Icon those are the 2 best in their cataloge Awsome albums you wont be dissapointed after Icon good luck finding anything good :) I got the album one second the first 2 songs have great potential but the rest of it is garbage
Cool. I'll check 'em out. Thanks!

I have "Draconian Times" and "Reflection - Best Of".

I think they are ok band. Not that great, not that shit, in between. Avarage Doom pioneers.

In recent years they have changed their style often just like we change out t-shirt but so what.

All I hope is that Lee Morris goes back to Marshall Law and play real metal.

And let every mother fuckers knows real metal is MARSHALL LAW.

Seems like no one heard of them. Shame really.

Gothic is one the greatest doom death albums in the history of the genre. I love the guitar tone on that album.

Icon is one of my favourite metal albums of all time

Shades of God is a great album indeed,

Draconian Times is just a ripoff of Icon

Since then they've become nothing but a bunch of 5th rate depeche mode ripoffs. shame really. I saw them open for Opeth too and they pretty much bored me to death. they hadf a few people chanting 'you suck you suck...' over and over.