Parking for Barfest?

Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Is there any parking for the venue? And if not, is it best to get a nearby hotel room and rely on public transportation and/or taxis? Getting a taxi or public transportation could be tough after midnight when the show ends. I will be a newbie to this years festival. Hope to make it an annual event.

My friend and I were able to get free street parking last year a few blocks away from The Independent. I went home the first night, then came back the next day and did the same thing. The neighborhood around the venue is "pretty decent" by San Francisco standards I think.

I was there last night at UFO and the parking flat out sucks, I had to chance it and park two blocks away at a bank parking lot. I am going to be looking into parking garages and public transportation to and from the venue, that will be the best bet for locals. For out of towner's public transportation in SF in the only way to fly...

Bear

Last year we got to the venue by bus the first night - real easy. There were cabs after the show. The second night we took cabs to and from the venue. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway, which was a couple of miles away.

Parking looked bad... as in there wasn't much of it.

Is there any parking for the venue? And if not, is it best to get a nearby hotel room and rely on public transportation and/or taxis? Getting a taxi or public transportation could be tough after midnight when the show ends. I will be a newbie to this years festival. Hope to make it an annual event.

There is late night buses that run right next to the place. I found it no problem when I saw Testament a few weeks ago. Parking is very tough.

We drove up last year, but still took a cab to the venue. Didn't look like finding a spot would be too easy. What pissed me off though, was how tough it was to catch a cab to the event. Even after making multiple calls from the hotel, took almost two hours to get a cab.

We used Taxis to and from the venue last year... Absolutely no problem finding one before and after the show...:kickass:

BART will be the way to roll then. I'm a newbie to SF myself coming in from Vegas, If anyone could provide some tips on moving from the airport to the hotel and then to the venue, with the bus stop nearest the venue being the key piece of data here, than that would be great.

Parking around the venue sucks. Last year I had to walk around 8 blocks to get to my car.
Last year I had some friends with me, but this year I am going by myself. I will more than happily drive people back to their hotel in exchange for walking me to my car (it is not the safest part of town).

According to Parking Carma there is a garage at 1750 Fulton St, San Francisco, CA 94117. Does anyone know anything about this garage?

Robin

I believe this parking garage is open 24 hours. If BART doesn't operate late enough on Saturday, I'll probably be using this garage. Either that or I'll have to park somewhere on the street.

BART will be the way to roll then. I'm a newbie to SF myself coming in from Vegas, If anyone could provide some tips on moving from the airport to the hotel and then to the venue, with the bus stop nearest the venue being the key piece of data here, than that would be great.

Taylor, you're coming to BARfest?!? w00t!!! Where are you staying??