Parkway Drive (Bro Metal meets Rage Against the Machine)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
First, :fu: to the haircut haters! There needs to be more riffs like the one at the :38 second mark regardless of genres. I'm ready to break shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This song at the 1:25 mark always has me jumping in finger pointing when I am out walking. Makes me want to smash stuff.

"...just bodies through the teeth of the combine..."

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not the only person to describe it as such, but where is the RATM? I don't hear it at all.

You are not the only person to describe it as such, but where is the RATM? I don't hear it at all.

The vocal bounce & rhythm that hits at the 1:36 mark.

I will say that I still don't expect you to hear it. After all, your choice of Anathema dvds is fucked beyond all comprehension. :devil:

I'll be your hater...it sounds like about 70% of the stuff that came out 12-13 years ago. Not the good stuff, mind. And there are far better riffs to be had elsewhere, with actual good songs attached to them at that.

The vocal bounce & rhythm that hits at the 1:36 mark.

I will say that I still don't expect you to hear it. After all, your choice of Anathema dvds is fucked beyond all comprehension. :devil:

:D

Mid era Anathema is the best Anathema :devil:

Back to Parkway Drive that part sounds like Limp Bizkit more than anything else to me.

It's crazy how big these guys have become. Never been a huge fan, but that song is really freaking cool.

If you haven't checked it out, watch their DVD from 2009. A really cool documentary about how they literally worked their butts off to get where they are. Probably one of the hardest working bands in Australian music history (in my opinion). Regardless of whether you like the music or not, the level of respect these guys command is huge.

I'll be your hater...it sounds like about 70% of the stuff that came out 12-13 years ago. Not the good stuff, mind. And there are far better riffs to be had elsewhere, with actual good songs attached to them at that.

+1000 - especially with the part about the better riffs elsewhere.

Having been a longtime Parkway Drive I am going to have to say this could be their best album. The RATM track aside (which is growing on me) there is just some brutal stuff on there and it made for mass consumption that is for sure. Sing-a-longs, breakdowns, catchy riffs it has it all. "Dying To Believe" is the Make Matt Want To Smash Shit song on this album for sure.

I've found that these bands are very hit and miss (mostly miss). Every so often one of them hooks their rhythms into my brain, despite the fact that nothing discernible separates them from their genre mates. This one misses for me, but I totally get why they'd be hit for others. Seems like I might enjoy it more if I cranked it at the gym.