Part with a lead and after it feels really weak

OrderedAudio

Jul 25, 2011
for example
I lets say I record a dank ass breakdown or any part really and then it plays through again and we put a lead on it and its think and sounds nice
afterwards we take the lead out
and it feels weak >.<
what can or should I be doing that I'm not?
i've had this problem for a while
rhythm is left and right panned and we put the lead right on top panned down the middle

automation. what i`m doing a lot is lower the rythm-guitars 1-2dB during lead-parts and rise them slowly up when the lead-part ends.
but a short sound-clip would help to give more specific tipps!
cheers!

thats kinda what I figured but I was hoping for an easier way out haha
thanks for the tip!
I would post a clip but I'm not at home and won't be for a week and the internet is horrid out here

automation. what i`m doing a lot is lower the rythm-guitars 1-2dB during lead-parts and rise them slowly up when the lead-part ends.
but a short sound-clip would help to give more specific tipps!
cheers!

How fast/slow do you bring the rhythms back up? Like, the very last bar of the solo? I need to work with this a bit more. I'm only recording myself, at home, as a hobby, and I never really automate much at all.

not that i`m very experienced or good at mixing, but i think it purley depends on the song and what is played, so its hard to give general tipps. just play around with automation and do whatever sounds good.
cheers!

You lost me at "dank ass breakdown"......................

But in all seriousness, a limiter with some automation works well for this in my experience

yeah I lost all hope in myself after I realized I typed that without thinking but, yes the automation thing works and sounds good that helped me out =D