Passenger...

Jun 2, 2005
What the hell happened to them?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jjCmucISLQ&feature=related[/ame]

I have their album, listening to it now and still LOVING it! however, this album is from 2003 though and if you read their website, it would seem they had new songs ready to go in 2004, however.. 4 years later and no new album or any news on that matter.. i cant even find their official website anymore.

decent record. Any body know if the "Defaced" are ever going to record again? another cool Swedish melodic metal band with numetal influences...

EDIT - I just checked there myspace and it seems the new record is ready to go..and the tracks are sounding good!

Aparently Anders said they DID have an album ready to go out but they scraped it. I wouldn't count on another album for ages now that Niclas has goten engel up and running....Thats probably as close to a passenger record as your gonna get.

I haven't listened to that album in a long time, but I always thought it was pretty cool. Not the best production, but some cool writing!

I remember in some random DragonForce video blog kind of thing, Sam is in a hotel lobby and he shows the CD to the camera and then breaks it (while still inside the case).

Wow, haven't heard them but I'm impressed, I'll check em out. Not really liking the chorus, as I know Anders can do so much better (almost anything off RtR) clean, but I hope the rest of the tracks will be better.

Wow, haven't heard them but I'm impressed, I'll check em out. Not really liking the chorus, as I know Anders can do so much better (almost anything off RtR) clean, but I hope the rest of the tracks will be better.

This is the first track on the album.. very straight forward and simple, yet catchy.
There are some songs on the album i consider much better, but i could not find one with decent quality on youtube... but check out titles like "in my head", "just the same", "circus", "rain" and "eyes of my mind" which is pretty dark...

Hmm, not a fan of that song - WAY too much like Korn (probably would've helped if I hadn't looked at the imagery, especially of the video), and christ does Anders need some autotuning in that chorus. See, now THIS (and "Pain") is what I'd call pop metal (rather than Scar Symmetry, modern Soilwork, or even modern IF - Reroute and even Come Clarity shit all over this song IMO), and I'm not a fan - it just seems so insultingly substanceless in its attempt to be the most blatant definition of "pop" (2:59 running time? ssssiiiiigggghhhh). Maybe the rest of the album is better...