Paul's Fake Hair...

Trixxi Trash said:
It's Paul Stanley's birthday today.

*Raises glass*

:headbang:
From the desk of Gene Simmons:

For only $99.99 fans can call a leave a happy-birthday voice-mail on the corporate Kiss answering machine!

And, if you act now, we'll even throw in an authentic guitar pick used to record the 1983 blockbuster, "Lick it Up"!
That's right fans, for just $99.99, we'll allow you to leave a birthday greeting on the Kiss corporate answering machine AND we'll throw in an authentic Kiss guitar pick!!

That's a $0.30 value, yours for the low price of just $99.99!
Act now! Supplies are limited! :D :yuk:

SoundMaster said:

For only $99.99 fans can call a leave a happy-birthday voice-mail on the corporate Kiss answering machine!

And, if you act now, we'll even throw in an authentic guitar pick used to record the 1983 blockbuster, "Lick it Up"!
That's right fans, for just $99.99, we'll allow you to leave a birthday greeting on the Kiss corporate answering machine AND we'll throw in an authentic Kiss guitar pick!!

Fuckin' Right! You're quite the comdian Soundmiester!

SoundMaster said:

That was absolutely fucking HILARIOUS!!!!!

PS - Did they actually NEED a guitar pick to play the guitar parts on "Lick it Up"?

:Spin: :Spin: :cry: :Spin: :Spin:

Actually most of the guitar playing on the Lick It Up album is great... it is just the title track which has completely boring guitar parts and no solo. And Vinnie Vincent played pretty much all the guitar parts on that album, the only part of the album played by a session musician was the solo on Exciter because Paul & Gene though Vinnie's solo was too fast so they got someone else to record one behind his back and didn't even tell him. Songs like Not For The Innocent and A Million To One (criminally underrated melodic hard-rock song!) have killer guitar solos...

And surprisingly (I say surprisingly coz his playing is so super-fast and over the top on his solo albums) Vinnie's playing on the Lick It Up album is far more tasteful and fitting than Mark St. John's playing on Animalize which half the time didn't even fit the songs imo, he was just showing off his technique. It pisses me off when Gene bags Mark St John for playing like that though, when it was Gene himself who was hell bent on getting a guitarist like him just to try to (unsuccessfully) compete with dudes like Eddie Van Halen.

Great album though still.

It's funny that this "Lick It Up" post came up. I was watching Metal Mania this morning with my boys & when the video came up they knew who it was based on their knowledge of the KISS Katalog. Anyway, when they looked up at the screen & saw the band walking up the street, my oldest boys says "hey dad, I though this was a KISS song?" I answered that "yeah it is." He says "they why do they have that girl in the band?" The "girl" was Vinnie! I laughed! After finding out that Vinnie was a he, they said "that's creepy dad!" I can't argue with that...

vinniesigning.jpg

Vinnie Vincent about 6 months ago. THAT is creepy... :( He looks like a transvestite... the dude hasn't even played music for 8 years so I don't know why he's lookin like that... if he was still doing Invasion then yeah, but even in Invasion with the heaviest glam makeup you could get, he looked less feminine than he does now!

That's what I'm thinking too haha.

What great talent you'd have there though between Vincent & Free... Great guitarist & writer and probably one of the top 10 rock vocalists ever in my opinion.

Trixxi Trash said:
That's what I'm thinking too haha.

What great talent you'd have there though between Vincent & Free... Great guitarist & writer and probably one of the top 10 rock vocalists ever in my opinion.
Without a doubt Vinnie can shred with the best of 'em.
Hey have you heard anything that's been released under Marcie Free?
I'm just curious. I mean he might have had the sex change, but I imagine
there's still a great voice there. Right?