PC running sluggish...getting tired of it

OMG Dude it's in German how the heck am I suppose to do that!????!?!????!?!??

Just kidding. Yeah thats virtual memory, I would try it but I know it won't make a noticeable difference in performance. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm restarting now and going into the BIOS to check a couple of things, then I'm going to check the startup processes and list them on here. Start->Run->msconfig->startup right?

~006

Could also possibly be a bad sounds driver. Or an IRQ Conflict. You may want to try checking out whats running where and try to set it up so that the soundcard is sharing the same IRQ as something like a USB hub..... If its sharing with your video card thats probably the problem.

Check your Bios setting, Turn off ACPI if you can and set your IRQ for your sound and video card manually in the bios.

Da Fukn Guru

Sorry for reviving, guys, but this might be what's fucking up my Firebox. Let me explain: I have lots of pops and clicks. After a year or so of reading I came across a post in the Presonus forum where an admin asks to check the shared hardware resources. To my surprise, my PCI firewire card is sharing the same IRQ number with my onboard VGa. I can't the other PCI slot because then the network does not work (I got a PCI network card), so this led me to thinking that if this shared resource fucks up my network, it might as well fuck up my firewire connection, resulting in the mentioned pops and clicks.

So, I read more and found about the "standard pc" mode in which one could, supposedly, asign IRQ numbers manually (I got a couple of IRQs free, I even disabled the floppy drive and parallel port but windows still shares PCI #1 with vga).

My question is: is it recommened to change my computer to "standard pc" (I read that it is easy to go from ACPI to PC but it's not easy to go back to ACPI). Would this have any side effects? Would it be easier to get a PCI-E network card and use PCI #2 for the FW card (that IRQ is not shared). Should I burn Presonus HQ down to the ground? Is it ok if I want to bone my singing teacher (she's very hot and I take classes at her appartment)?