pc sound card ?

Wow, you really get people who you've never seen on the board come out and post when someone says "FREE". haha. I still think we should jam for it. What do you think, James? I'm sure there are plenty of people who need it, but anyone can say "I'm poor and struggling". Let's have a war dammit! haha. oh yea and, werd lyfe.

umdebaba said:
I've been on UM since Jan. 2003. I don't post much I just browse through threads for information and such. But in addition, you do see people take stabs at other people when it comes to getting something "free". .... :Smug:

I wasn't taking a stab at ya. Although I do that with everyone on this board it seems (Right, Durbans? haha). I was just saying.. I know that it's possible that you are poor and unfortunate... Believe me, I am too. I just wanted to spice it up a little by competing for it musically. Not only would it be more fun and interesting than "I'm poor, send it to me", but you might really appreciate what James did for you if you were to work for it and earn it. That's just my thoughts on it. Anyway, if the idea isn't good for "YALL", than keep posting why you deserve it. "LATAH"... oooh I just had to say that for MC James Murphdog. :wave:

umdebaba said:
My soundcard is broken so I can't compete.

Best plug in yer "Boom-Box" and hit record then. HAHA.
Nah, I see what you're saying. You do deserve it more than me. I just think it would be fun to make a contest out of it. Don't you?

the rules could be-

1- You have to at least know who James Murphy is.. (if you don't you should be killed anyway).
2- You have 1 week to write a metal song explaining how bad you need it
3- You have to include at least 1 riff from any song James has played at some point in your song.

Post the song on the internet.
The winner would be decided by James based on which song he liked best.

That would be fun if you ask me. But obviously not for those who have no ability to record (there's always a way so that almost seems like cheating).
even if the production is shitty because of the method you used to compete, at least you tried.

I would like to hear what James thinks.

umdebaba said:
Then it would not be based on need, but on musical ability. Then others who just want it to resell it would participate. Changing the emphasis from need, to get for free for the hell of it.

No, the entire idea is based on honesty. You could claim you would die tomorrow if you couldn't have the soundcard, even if you didn't need it. I think you would be less likely to invest the time to write a song for it if you didn't actually need it, then if you just typed "OH, I'M POOR, I NEED IT". Ah, nevermind.

Well, at any rate... Yeah, I'm too poor to buy one, James. I could really use something the Delta 44. I was just willing to go the extra mile and write a song about it. That's what it's all about in the end... the music. Anyway, I won't die if I don't get it. It's very cool of you to want to help people out.

I'll trade you and ultra-rare copy of Cancer "Death shall Rise".. HAHA! j/k

How bout a copy of Obituary- Godly Beings (live in eindhoven 91') ooh, that's sinkin low. :tickled:

the "song contest" idea sounds fun and all, but i didn't want this to become a big deal. anyway, it's just a soundcard, worth a couple hundred bucks, tops. i'll tell you what..., since it seems to be between umdebaba and diabolic at this point, let's do this... i'll give the card to whichever of you has nothing to record with and/or could use it the most... i do not want to give it to someone to just sell on eBay.. i could do that myself... but you two guys have to talk it out and both let me know... but you should do it between the two of you.. not on this forum. just so you know, the Delta 44 is a 4 in, 4 out, all analog soundcard with a break-out box for the ins and outs.
it uses one PCI slot.
delta_44.jpg

cbl_brkout_4466omni_460.jpg