Peace sells, again?

Peace Sells is my favorite. Just Black Friday alone is a masterpiece. Marty Friedman just plays the most memorable solos, he's so tasteful.

Peace Sells is my favorite. Just Black Friday alone is a masterpiece. Marty Friedman just plays the most memorable solos, he's so tasteful.

Marty Friedman wasn't on "Peace Sells" :) But he had the most memorable solos (Pitrelli and all afterwards don't) like 'Tornado Of Souls' and 'Countdown To Extinction'

Marty Friedman wasn't on "Peace Sells" :) But he had the most memorable solos (Pitrelli and all afterwards don't) like 'Tornado Of Souls' and 'Countdown To Extinction'

Geez, Wyvern! I know that! :loco:I was responding to 2 comments at once. The latter half of my comment was in response to some liking Pitrelli more than Freidman. Pitrelli actually at one time was with the old band ASIA, and he toured for that album Aqua. He definitely deserves more recognition for his musical talent! I remember back in '86, when I found Peace Sells (which is a miracle, considering the small,ultra conservative town that I lived in then!)in a Kmart-like department store. I already had Metallica's Kill'em and Puppets albums, but Megadeth just hit a nerve...they were more technical, and to me, more intense. Rust In Peace would be my next favorite.

Geez, Wyvern! I know that! :loco:I was responding to 2 comments at once.

Sorry :oops: I misunderstood the way you wrote it.

Pitrelli actually at one time was with the old band ASIA, and he toured for that album Aqua.

I didn't know that, btw you know Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy) plays in Asia " Then & Now". I was never a fan of Asia but they have an impressive resume of musicians along the way.

whoever said they need to return to at least the youthanasia sound, IMO they are already their but the songs just aren't as good

whoever said they need to return to at least the youthanasia sound, IMO they are already their but the songs just aren't as good

It was me, but I disagree UA doesn't sound even close to "Youthanasia". I wish Dave bet either on "Peace Sells" or songs like ' Symphony Of Destruction', 'Architecture Of Agression', 'Reckoning Day', 'Blood Of Heroes', ' Angry Again', 'Go To Hell', 'The Desintegrators', ' She-Wolf'. That kind of album will sell good for me.

P.S. As you can see I´m mentioning post RIP songs, the idea of achieving another album like it seems to be impossible.

It was me, but I disagree UA doesn't sound even close to "Youthanasia". I wish Dave bet either on "Peace Sells" or songs like ' Symphony Of Destruction', 'Architecture Of Agression', 'Reckoning Day', 'Blood Of Heroes', ' Angry Again', 'Go To Hell', 'The Desintegrators', ' She-Wolf'. That kind of album will sell good for me.

P.S. As you can see I´m mentioning post RIP songs, the idea of achieving another album like it seems to be impossible.

youthanasia is my favorite album by them. the new stuff just doesn't have the same dark atmosphere as the early-mid 90's

you're right because the songs are actually faster than most of the stuff on those 2 albums

Youthanasia was when Dave really went for radio. The albums before Youthanasia, and after Risk are all faster, darker, and heavier. Heck, most of Peace Sells is about murder!

Youthanasia was when Dave really went for radio. The albums before Youthanasia, and after Risk are all faster, darker, and heavier. Heck, most of Peace Sells is about murder!

lyrically and sound wise youthanasia is the darkest megadeth album

To each their own....I guess homicide isn't a dark thing anymore. Even though I'm not too keen on Youthanasia, I was really happy for Megadeth getting attention, and getting paid.

lyrically and sound wise youthanasia is the darkest megadeth album

Lyrically, yes. Sound wise, no.

System was a step in the right direction and the more I listen to United it feels like a step back. There are only a small handful of good songs on that album so I hope Dave and company kick it up a notch on the next release.