Peace sells, again?

TWNAH was mostly just a continuation of the stuff they were doing on CW, but just not as good. I think TSHF is a very strong effort, and one of my favourite Megadeth albums, and i was really dissapointed upon first listen of UA that is wasn't in the same vein as TSHF.

I hope they come out with something that mixes the commercial hard rock and slightly less than thrash metal of CW with some of the totally hyperspeed stuff from PSBWB and SFSGSW with the fast tech stuff from Rust.

My favourite is Rust, seconded by CTE and CW, followed by TSHF.
Killing is actually a way better album than PSBWB IMO, but that's just cos it sounds heaps more evil.

Either way, they've never made St.Anger, i mean, even Risk was awesome, it's not metal at all but the songs are just great listenable songs.

I agree with what most people have said. Maybe it's not thrash, but (for the most part) their more recent stuff has at least been metal (Metallica can't say that and neither can Anthrax). I liked System okay, especially how it opened with two really thrashy songs. The rest of the album had a power metal feel to it that's not bad, but I'd prefer thrash any day. I felt like United went a little further in that (power metal) direction and I didn't like it quite as much, but I don't particulary hate it either. I've only downloaded "Moto Psycho" and "Return to Hangar" from World, and I've been told not to bother with the rest. Same thing with Writings. Haven't heard anything I've liked from Risk or Youthanasia.

Oh, and System also gets points for having some of their best cover artwork, definitely the coolest since Rust. Ha, that's a pretty good rule of thumb for Megadeth--if Vic is on the cover, it's probably worth your time (especially if it's not "old Vic" like on United; really didn't like/get that). So, if he's on the next cover (which I'm guessing he will be, but I don't think it's official yet), that should be a good sign and if he's young again, we could have a winner.

Only since last year have I even dared to give anything post RIP a chance. CTE & Youthansia have proved enjoyable to my older ears but as a fan of classic metal and power metal that makes sense, I was just in an "extreme metal only" zone when they were originally released.

I'm happy enough with UA and might one day check out TSHF some more but I'm in no rush. I prefer to wait to see what Dave comes up with next, all the signs are positive. So far, so good... :lol: