Pearl Jam - Riot Act

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
About Nirvana: I hate the fact that Nirvana has become a trend more than I hate the music, Smells Like teen Spirits is a good song for parties, Come as you Are is okay from time to time, but still I don't get what all the fuzz is about

because it was completely new and created a whole scene, sound, attitude, it was fresh and no posing, genuine and creative, artistically coherent and over the top, and all the shite bands which wouldn't go forward and were dwelling on the past glory got their ass kicked out by 'smells like teen spirit', bands like def leppard for exemple. i can understand you don't like the music, but being open minded, imo, is not saying you have a jeff buckley album, i think it's more about respecting good stuff even if you're not into it. nirvana is a classic, and saying you think they're crap is like trying to prove you're a rebel or whatever. it's like coming up and saying pink floyd are shite. useless :lol:

As soon as Nevermind came out, all the girls with cowboy hats and leather skirts disappeared from the rock clubs we went to. To be replaced by stripey tights and dr martin wearing vegetarian sheilas. They may have done a classic album but they sure ruined my heavy metal youth:mad: :cry:

yeah but better this than 14 years old puffs with extra large pants, balls collars, spiky hair and slipknot shirts.

Originally posted by moody
because it was completely new and created a whole scene, sound, attitude, it was fresh and no posing, genuine and creative, artistically coherent and over the top, and all the shite bands which wouldn't go forward and were dwelling on the past glory got their ass kicked out by 'smells like teen spirit', bands like def leppard for exemple. i can understand you don't like the music, but being open minded, imo, is not saying you have a jeff buckley album, i think it's more about respecting good stuff even if you're not into it. nirvana is a classic, and saying you think they're crap is like trying to prove you're a rebel or whatever. it's like coming up and saying pink floyd are shite. useless :lol:

according to your description, mehdi, black sabbath is, like, the greatest in history. for they brought something REALLY new and refreshing to the scene!

Originally posted by Don Corleone
no way, mariner, no album from seattle (even nevermind) comes near soundgarden's (i dont remember the name, been a long time since i last listened to it and im too tired to get up to get it...something with "motor" in it...)

i love nirvana, but lets not exaggerate it.

BADMOTORFINGER that is and it's awesome!!!!!!!!!! Soundgarden is one of the most unique bands ever-regardless from the music type.And I'm so sorry that they split up before I saw them live :cry:

Originally posted by Don Corleone
according to your description, mehdi, black sabbath is, like, the greatest in history. for they brought something REALLY new and refreshing to the scene!

this is not a contest, but nirvana and black sabbath belong to the same category - the classics. and don for god's sake will you please stop listening to bon jovi :lol:

Originally posted by ashure
BADMOTORFINGER that is and it's awesome!!!!!!!!!! Soundgarden is one of the most unique bands ever-regardless from the music type.And I'm so sorry that they split up before I saw them live :cry:
Nirvana is even more unique!

Originally posted by ashure

yes! that one! i popped that into my cd player on the way to school...very refreshing right before a suckie suckie day at the university!

Originally posted by sol83
Yes. And bad.

they're way bad now yes.but I remember they were there with some good songs at the times when there is no Anathema (or any other bands I like), in my world at least :rolleyes:

I hate denying some good stuff just because it's not metal, you know

special p.s for Strangelight :lol: - I remember you've asked me whether Opeth and Anathema are that similar so I must say that this is not a comparison-again- so relax :p

The only reason I could think of is that both bands are making smart music, and as Anathema still belongs more to the metalscene then the rockscene ( :) ) people still mention them together...
It's a bit the same with Katatonia and Anathema
and Opeth and Katatonia
This isn't a coincidence.