So is anyone besides myself and Eminor excited for the new Pearl Jam?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
B000ETQRCM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V54165026_.jpg

I heard a few seconds of the new single but not the whole song. I read this one is supposed to be a "return to roots" or something, but I think Pearl Jam are just one of those bands that people will ALWAYS say that about because they want another Ten. Fuckit, if I get a half-assed Riot Act I'll suck my own nipples right off.

I'm all over that shit. May 2 is going to be an expensive day--PJ, Tool, Ministry, Enslaved, and the new PJ Harvey DVD.

I've heard the album. Shitty mp3 samples, but they get the point across. I don't think this will be one of my favorite PJ albums but it seems to have some winners, and I'll need lots more listens to really decide. In some ways, it reminds me of Yield, which ranks pretty low on my list of albums. Less dark (relatively speaking) and a little more radio ready. I didn't think much of Riot Act the first several albums and I love it now, so time will tell. I pretty much dig the shit out of all of their stuff, so I'm sure there'll be plenty to love. I picked up 10c tickets to the Cincy show in June. Can't wait--those guys are phenomenal live.

Have you heard the Live at Benaroya Hall album? Official bootleg, sold in stores. Benefit show, all acoustic. Awesome shit.

No but I should probably get that live album, been recommended it before. Yield is easily my least favorite PJ, but eh, it's still pretty good.

I'm going to get tickets for the San Diego show, probably going with my mom, haha.

I have not been satisfied by anything PJ has put out since Vitalogy, but up until that they were the fuckin' kings. I heard samples of some of the new tunes and I totally enjoyed what I heard, so I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more. I doubt it will have that special touch the older albums have, but I'm pretty sure it will ROCK, and that's what really matters...

Man, No Code is my favorite PJ album. That one followed Vitalogy. Red motherfucking Mosquito.

i still think that one Temple of the Dog disc was far more consistent than anything PJ ever put out

Temple of the Dog is fantastic, no doubt about it. Not sure whether it tops the best of PJ and Soundgarden. Doesn't really matter.

While we're at it:
Louder Than Love>>>>All other Soundgarden.

Jesus fucking christ I've still never heard Louder Than Love.

Alice in Chains Dirt (the song) > Dirt (the album) > all these other dudes > most other great shit > lesser forms of filth

EDIT: spank you half.com, under $10 sealed and shipped :Spin:

Yeah so I went and saw these dudes for the first time a few nights ago with me "I don't like being the oldest person here" ma, they kicked all kinds of ass. Played for nearly 3 hours and had a great variety of stuff. Mostly involved the rockin' songs but had a few mellow ones and had a few nice jam sessions. The dude they have playing with his organ absolutely smokes, and the band was really into the music and the crowd. Top notch arena show, even with pretty lousy seats the sound was great and we could easily see the band. I was actually surprised that they still have such a big following, good to see a solid rock band actually getting some well deserved respect for a change.

setlist

Also I finally gave the new album a proper spin, it is definitely good shit. Their only not-so-good album according to me is Yield though. Good band, will listen again!

Finally, Louder Than Love kicks my dick in, but there's no way it's better than Superunknown. That album simply can't be topped.

I totally love the fact that you destroyed an album like that, BUT!!! approx. 9 years after I truly hated Vitalogy (other than Tremor Christ, which I've always found brilliant), I finally realized the album's brilliance. Just sayin.

NADatar said:
Yeah so I went and saw these dudes for the first time a few nights ago with me "I don't like being the oldest person here" ma, they kicked all kinds of ass. Played for nearly 3 hours and had a great variety of stuff. Mostly involved the rockin' songs but had a few mellow ones and had a few nice jam sessions. The dude they have playing with his organ absolutely smokes, and the band was really into the music and the crowd. Top notch arena show, even with pretty lousy seats the sound was great and we could easily see the band. I was actually surprised that they still have such a big following, good to see a solid rock band actually getting some well deserved respect for a change.

setlist

Also I finally gave the new album a proper spin, it is definitely good shit. Their only not-so-good album according to me is Yield though. Good band, will listen again!

Finally, Louder Than Love kicks my dick in, but there's no way it's better than Superunknown. That album simply can't be topped.
Superunknown=The worst Soundgarden album. Aside from Mailman and Limo Wreck, that fucker's average. My list'd look something like this:
Louder Than Love (and it ain't even close)
Badmotorfinger
Ultramega OK
Screaming Life
Down on the Upside
Superunknown

I caught PJ a few weeks ago. Seen 'em several times and they're always fantastic. Their set:

Set 1 Long Road, Save You, Hail Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Unemployable, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Gone, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Present Tense, Lukin, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted
Encore 1 Wishlist/(Love is Stronger than Witchcraft), Better Man/(Save it for Later), Inside Job, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2 Comatose, Leash, Alive, Baba O'Riley

To Zod--I got into PJ w/ Ten, and as the subsequent albums were released, I felt the same as you. I heard Vitalogy and never even picked up a copy for myself. I went back to the band a few years later and it made all the difference in the world. I quit expecting them to sound like grunge overlords and just accepted them as a rock band, which is what they began to become on Vs. I'd be quite surprised to hear that a reasonable guy like you who has enjoyed PJ in the past wouldn't find some good qualities in their post Vs. work if you were to revisit it now.

I've warmed up to the new album quite a bit. It's still fairly low on my PJ list, but it's a good effort from a great band.

NADatar said:
I totally love the fact that you destroyed an album like that, BUT!!! approx. 9 years after I truly hated Vitalogy (other than Tremor Christ, which I've always found brilliant), I finally realized the album's brilliance. Just sayin.
I have destroyed a few albums in such a fashion. Aside from "Vitalogy", I also ran over Van Halen's "OU812", and threw Queensryche's "Promise Land" off the Outerbridge Crossing in Staten Island. And much like you with "Vitalogy", I now very much appreciate "Promise Land".

Zod

Eminor said:
I got into PJ w/ Ten, and as the subsequent albums were released, I felt the same as you. I heard Vitalogy and never even picked up a copy for myself. I went back to the band a few years later and it made all the difference in the world. I quit expecting them to sound like grunge overlords and just accepted them as a rock band, which is what they began to become on Vs. I'd be quite surprised to hear that a reasonable guy like you who has enjoyed PJ in the past wouldn't find some good qualities in their post Vs. work if you were to revisit it now.
You already know I'm in the same boat with you like this, my story stopped with a purchase of Vitalogy, ignoring them until I saw Big Fish and Man of the Hour was part of the soundtrack, and I bought all the albums I missed, kicking myself for being so stupid the whole time.

Concerning Soundgarden, man, I just can't ever get through Down on the Upside, that album just laaaaaaaaaags so much to me. A few great ones, but I've always been a Superunknown dude, even if Slaves and Bulldozers is like the greatest song in history. :headbang: