Tool kicks the dicks off Cilli Peppers and Pearl Jam . . . in the charts.

Nate The Great said:
So does everybody know that '10,000 Days' refers to the time period from the 80's when Maynard's mother was paralyzed until 2003 when she died? Or is this just a rumor? I read it in Rolling Stone, so I'd hope they did a LITTLE research.

Aye. If you feel like digging through the original 10,000 days thread here Doomcifier posted a lot of in depth analysis of the album and song themes and whatnot, pretty interesting stuff as usual.

Nate if you read some of my posts in Doomcifer's thread you'll stop yelling at me. :loco:

I've come 'round full circle to this one after today. Not quite an unquestionable 10/10 BUY OR DIE album but hey, it took me three years to realize Lateralus was so there's still a lot of time.

NADatar said:
Nate if you read some of my posts in Doomcifer's thread you'll stop yelling at me. :loco:

I've come 'round full circle to this one after today. Not quite an unquestionable 10/10 BUY OR DIE album but hey, it took me three years to realize Lateralus was so there's still a lot of time.
i strongly disliked lateralus at first, and not too long thereafter it became my then-favorite album ever

this one i really really like so far, dunno whether to chalk that up to my changing tastes or the grim indication of a lack of staying power...snap judgments are best avoided on albums like this, especially among us fanboys :tickled:

Kiedis says most of the newer peppers songs were influenced by love, and he IS 43 now and no longer a junkie, so I can see where the tunes would lack a certain darkness.

I just finished his autobiography the other day, guy was smoking pot and getting his dad to show him dad's girlfriends' boobages before he was ten...crazy upbringing.

lizard said:
Kiedis says most of the newer peppers songs were influenced by love, and he IS 43 now and no longer a junkie, so I can see where the tunes would lack a certain darkness.
I assumed as much. It's expected that music will change as the artist changes. That said, his current headspace had led him in a musical direction that is no longer of interest to me.

Zod