Pearl Jam

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Ten is one of my all time favorite albums, but these dudes started sucking long ago and I've basically ignored them since Vitalogy (which was okay at best). So last night my faith was restored by that song Man of the Hour during the credits of Big Fish. Any of their new stuff worth picking up?

Oh yeah, and Yellow Ledbetter is probably the worst song I've ever heard so if any of their other crap sounds like that, I don't want it.

One of the guys in my old band was into Pearl Jam. He tried to get us to play one of his songs. Of course I couldn't be having that :)

Love the plug in Wayne's World 2 though! :D

Is One Inch Man = NAD?

Ten and Five Against One/s-t/Vs. were good, then Vitalogy was one of the worst pieces of plastic ever entering my old house. I broke it into shards with a set of kitchen shears, that's how much I couldn't stand it. Good packaging on Vitalogy though. Never bothered beyond, but I liked the two or three songs they did with Neil Young and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

BenMech said:
Is One Inch Man = NAD?
One and the same! :wave:

I'm probably going to buy Yield and No Code rather soon. I always knew I'd get back into Pearl Jam's stuff that I missed, and that time appears to be now.

BenMech said:
...Vitalogy was one of the worst pieces of plastic ever entering my old house. I broke it into shards with a set of kitchen shears, that's how much I couldn't stand it.
Awesome. I ran my copy over. Drove an hour to get it. Listened to it on my way home. Ran it over when I got home. Only two other CDs have met with a similar death:

Queensryche's "Promised Land" - tossed it over the side of the Outerbridge Crossing on my way to Staten Island. I actually like this CD now.

Van Hallen's "OU812". Ran this over with my car at least two dozen times.

Zod

Here is how I would rate the PJ albums:

No Code
Ten
Riot Act
Vitalogy
Binaural (most underrated)
Vs.
Yield (most overrated)

Also worth checking out
Lost Dogs--2 disc b-side set
Live at Benaroya Hall--Acoustic concert from 10/03. Sold in stores
Boston '03--3 separately sold concerts from their last tour. The band played nearly every song they've recorded (I think about 9 didn't make it), and several covers. The only song repeated was Yellow Ledbetter. It was the 3rd night and the crowd didn't want to leave after the encore, so they came out and did one more.

I understand what people are saying about Vitalogy. I had the same reaction when it came out, and gave up on PJ as a result. I hated the band's evolution at the time, but looking back on their career I understand them better and think they've grown from grunge kids into a long term rock band. I like Vitalogy now. I've had the same thing happen to me w/ other bands. I was super pissed about Countdown to Extinction and didn't start listening to Megadeth again until like 5 years later or something. Now I can appreciate the album.

Riot Act and Binaural both kick a lot of ass. Rediscovering a long lost and highly loved band makes NAD = happy.

Ten is a perfect album title because well, it's a 10.

It's nearly safe to say Riot Act and Binaural are better than 5 Against 1 / vs. / s/t / whatever, even if Animal is probably their best song.

PS: God's Dice = omgwtf so amamzinag lolz