Peavey 3120?

I have no great love for Peavey, but just to give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't suppose any of you have actually played one? ;)

I felt one up at Guitar Center a couple months ago. The pots seemed chintzy, like the knobs were going to snap off if you looked at them wrong.

Is a XXX fitted with EL34's. Can't say I like the new look tbh...

I thought it came stock with 6L6. I know you can swap for EL34's. Rusty Cooley is endorsing them (latest guitar world)

999$ at GC right now and they throw in a "free" cabinet.

The "new look" is gayer than a box of rainbow buttplugs on a float at the gay parade bumping CNC and the Music Factory.

I really like the new look. Prefer it much more to the XXX look. And yes, it's just an XXX with a new look and EL34 tubes. So if you hated the XXX, chances are you won't be too in love with this

Checked out the Product page and you're right it does ship with EL34s but is interchangeable with 6L6 as well.

I guess it is the "new" XXX as the "XXX" line is discontinued (atleast it's not on their product page).

I like that they're going back to the clunky look of their old amps instead of trying way too hard to make their stuff look "badass" (JSX, XXL, XXX) but I noticed they've beefed up the logo...I guess someone tipped them off about the logo mod.

The XXX is pretty gay looking as well. I remember not wanting to buy it because it was so cheesy, but finally gave in and got it. I really wanted to replace the "mudflap girl" plate with something else though. And c'mon, "Bottom", "Body", and "Hair" for bass mid and treble controls? Gay-tarded.

The XXX is pretty gay looking as well. I remember not wanting to buy it because it was so cheesy, but finally gave in and got it. I really wanted to replace the "mudflap girl" plate with something else though. And c'mon, "Bottom", "Body", and "Hair" for bass mid and treble controls? Gay-tarded.

Mudflap Girl = STRAIGHT !

Hmm but...

"Bottom" should be "Booty", "Body" should be "Boobies"...
"Hair" can stay.

LOL

Max Cavalera is endorsing these as well I think. How does it SOUND, most importantly? I imagine that with EL34s, the tone is different than the XXX, probably a bit smoother and more British vibe, could be cool actually IMO.

Power amp tubes to EL34, yes it may be possible. We don't know if they have altered the tone stack or preamp design or any other aspect of the board so it could be tweaked now, could be the same as the XXX is. If so, then just switching the power amp tubes to EL34 should do the trick.