Peavey 6505 vs EVH 5150 vs Marshall 2203KK

Before watching i expected it to be 5153 > 2203 > 6505.
After watching it was 6505 > 2203 > 5153 :D
You didn't try to get similar tones, right? Or are the snippets not from the same "session" and mic placement is not the same? 5153 is here way too bass pronounced.

peavey for me. the evh is too scooped and the marshy too scratchy in those clips. but Im sure you'd get killer tones out of every one of them

wtf..you sold the mini? :eek: how much? (so that i can get angry that i didn't buy it :D)

in the "noisy" clip before the 2203kk definitely sounded awesome and suits your own music better. but i just would keep the mini additionally..

I think the EVH would've won if you had dialed in some more mids. Maybe. But for me, I agree, the Marshall wins here for your style.

peavey for me. the evh is too scooped and the marshy too scratchy in those clips. but Im sure you'd get killer tones out of every one of them
Of course you do :)
wtf..you sold the mini? :eek: how much? (so that i can get angry that i didn't buy it :D)

in the "noisy" clip before the 2203kk definitely sounded awesome and suits your own music better. but i just would keep the mini additionally..
750.- no need to get angry :) Alright. I have a Mesa Halfstack here for additional sounds, but i don't use it often. Each time when i compare it to my modded KK/Marshall 1960TV halfstack, the Marshall wins by far :)
I think the EVH would've won if you had dialed in some more mids. Maybe. But for me, I agree, the Marshall wins here for your style.
The Mesa 412 propably would have been the better cab for the 6505/5150s. I recorded the clip using my MF400, because i was lazy