Peavey 6534

cant wait to see a pic of it
Peavey_6534.jpg

I am gonna say what I have heard other people on other forums say. Why didnt they just make the 6505 switchable like Recto's are? Why make a whole seperate head that someone has to buy? Either or its still cool and has my interest.

I am gonna say what I have heard other people on other forums say. Why didnt they just make the 6505 switchable like Recto's are? Why make a whole seperate head that someone has to buy? Either or its still cool and has my interest.

Maybe they were worried it would inrtude on the JSX too much? Though I guess that hasn't stopped Peavey in the past.

They need a trully NEW amp, all of them seem to be re-releases of previous models. It's getting like the Simpsons when they release to Malibu Stacey doll with a new hat and everyone goes crazy over it.

Is that what Peavey wants us to be doing when there is such fierce competition for tube and modeling amps?

Yes, expecially when Bugera's can switch 6l6/EL34 tubes and have also bias adjustements.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a really stupid idea? The 5150II sucks compared to the 5150 to begin with, and then they added EL34's? Talk about harsh, brittle top end!

I disagree on both points. The 5150 and 5150 II are both equally great, and sound exactly the same if dialed right. Also, EL34s have smoother top end in my experience.