Peavey Bravo

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
I have a Peavey Bravo and am struggling to get a Disturbed type of guitar sound. I dont have the money to go buy a completely new amp/head..so my question is does anyone have any ideas on how to get a modern guitar sound out of the peavey bravo or possibly a recommendation for a pedal in front.

I'm not really a fan of Disturbed so I have never researched the type of amp that their guitarist used for tracking, but I really can't foresee anything impressive sounding coming out of a Peavey Bravo. A distortion pedal in front of an amp on the clean channel is never going to sound near as good as a real deal high gain tube head like a 5150, Krank, Dual Rectifier, etc. If you want good, legit tone, you really just have to lay down the cash. And then, as has been discussed on this forum many times, the tone is ultimately in the hands of the player.

I really can't foresee anything impressive sounding coming out of a Peavey Bravo. If you want good, legit tone, you really just have to lay down the cash. And then, as has been discussed on this forum many times, the tone is ultimately in the hands of the player.

I disagree to an extent. I'm with ya there on the playing, however, those Bravo's are little beasts. just stick an OD pedal in there (not a distortion). You can get cheap one's: BOSS SD-1 or Digitech Bad Monkey. Use the ultra channel with the push/pull pot pulled out and gain around 4-5. Tone down the highs and increase the mids on the amp. It also doesn't hurt to play that thing through an enclosed cabinet. I hooked mine up to a 2x12 closed Avatar and that thing really growled.
There used to be a guy in here that had some sound clips of his bravo and he could get a decent "death metal" tone out of it. I can't remember who it was though. Try a search.