Peavey JSX & G-Major

I know that when I thought I wanted to go the rack-FX unit, I got a Rocktron XPression instead of the G major because apparently the G major has some reliability issues, and also the XPression can phantom-power a MIDI board (provided the MIDI board has a 7-pin connection, like for example, the Rocktron MIDI mate ;)), so you only need to run one cable to the front of the stage, rather than two (MIDI + power). Now I'm just gonna use the HD147 I just bought on ebay for $480 shipped :)

if you don't need everything that comes with the G major, the G sharp is also worth a look

i'm not big into rack stuff myself, personally i use a boss gt6 with my cobra...but i also have it bypassed pretty much all the time, i run all my high gain sounds dry i just like a little chorus on my cleans along with the built in volume pedal & tuner

I can't be positive, but it seems the G-Sharp doesn't offer relay channel swapping, noise gate or tuner. They're BIG pulls for me.

Tastic, I'll check out the Xpression. Does it do the relay channel swapping?

That's a fairly enthusiastic kick in the balls right there! We as a band (guitar, guitar and bass) all use 9v power supplies with our pedals on our pedalboards, so we generally run a 15 meter extension cable behind the monitors to plug the power supplies in, so I don't think I'll struggle powering a MIDI controller, as that seems to be the only up-side, not taking into account which sounds better.

my mistake, i thought the G sharp did offer relay switching

i've been scoping that unit out myself lately, for $150 they don't sound bad at all...there's one on e bay now @ $75 i think i might bid on

the G major isn't too bad a deal now either tho, i remember when they went for $550

Get the Behringer that DSS3 says, cheap and can last a life time, it offers relay switching, easy to set up, just imagine that it has no expression pedals.

Also check the Tech21 Midimoose looks really practical and small (no expresion pedal). but more expensive than the midi mate and the behringer.

I´ve been using the g major for about 4 years, is a great unit.

I was considering the behringer, but the extra foot controllers on it would just take up space on my pedal board... and I plan on using separate Wah and Volume pedals (i'm very particular about my wah sound)...

I like the sound of the midi moose... i wont need to edit patches or tap tempos or anything while i'm playing so that might be awesome... i just need access to 4 or 5 patches and I'm pretty much good...

and with a name like MIDI-Moose... why the hell not?!

Thanks for this!!!! That is what i was looking for... too bad I already bought the cable from FJA... i might make one anyway... just the the helluvit.