Peavey Rockmaster + Peavey 50/50 power amp??

Sep 8, 2005
Im thinking about getting this two suckers, has anyone tried this combo??

I´m after a similar tone to the 5150, and i thougth this could be a cheap solution and a more versatile one, cause i can use the poweramp with my sansamp too, and from what i heard, i really like the tone of the rockmaster. i know, not exactly a 5150 sound, so maybe this could be a good tone or similar in a better way.

The guitarist in my last band used a Rockmaster into a peavey 120/120 power amp..... he sounded like ass, but it was mostly just him. When we went and recorded the producer told him to take his rack home and put a lamp on it.

I read somewhere that the 60/60 and 120/120, are totally different things than the 50/50, but i never tried one, i thing cobhc here, owns one, how is it dude??

This idea is really tempting me, but in the other hand i have the 5150 itch, and im so close to afford one, maybe i two weeks, but the other option is cheap enough for buying other things.

One thing im concerned is, the preamp tubes on the 50/50, i don´t know how they´ll react to the tube signal from the rockmaster, but also, can add tube goodness to my sansamp psa-1.