Experiment: making Rockmaster preamp sound like 6505

Sounds great! Hey, what are the settings on the rockmaster? Also, do you have the gain and mid shift knobs in or out? Thanks!

Sounds great! Hey, what are the settings on the rockmaster? Also, do you have the gain and mid shift knobs in or out? Thanks!

Dude, you started the whole impulse thing! I should be thanking you! :)

TS808

- Basic settings with a little bit of drive

ROCKMASTER (Ultra Gain Channel)

- Pre 4,3 (pulled)
- Post 5
- Bottom +2
- Body -7 (pulled)
- Edge +4

BTW, you can get very similar results with Rocktron Piranha. Just tried it.

My ears can't tell much difference. I think the rockmaster sounds great. I have one but I couldn't get near your results using the settings that you described. My recording just sounded really fizzy! Of course that may be because I couldn figure out how to load the CurveEQ file. When I click on the F button in CurveEQ and then select the file, nothing changes on the interface. Am I missing something? Also do you have the other CurveEQ setting that you used also?

My ears can't tell much difference. I think the rockmaster sounds great. I have one but I couldn't get near your results using the settings that you described. My recording just sounded really fizzy! Of course that may be because I couldn figure out how to load the CurveEQ file. When I click on the F button in CurveEQ and then select the file, nothing changes on the interface. Am I missing something? Also do you have the other CurveEQ setting that you used also?

You have to match the spectrum to your track. After loading it press M and select the highest setting. Playback your audio for some time and finally press S. You are done. Just make sure you are doing it before the impulse.

I think the other CurveEQ setting is pretty useless because it works only with those specific impulses. But sure, I can upload it later.