need a 6505+ preamp out signal

Hankyu

Jul 16, 2014
Germany
Hi

I've bought a blackstar ht metal preamp pedal and I use it with impulse responses. Sounds great but I am missing some highs and it has a lot of low end and mids. I realy like the sound of the peavey 6505 and I want to try to match the sound of it if someone could run my DI through a 6505 preamp :-D? I prefer the + but it doesn't really matter that much. So, would someone reamp my DI?

I will post the result here when it works

Waiting for answers before I upload my DI track

I can run it through my 5150 if you want. You want just the preamp signal is what I'm gathering? Or you want an actual mic'd cab reamp?

Yeah just the preamp signal with all knobs at 12 o'clock. That would be nice. I post the DI track tommorrow. Thank you :)

Oh, you are going to EQ-match preamps?
I've seen that FearComplexMusic matched Engl fireball to get nice sound of guitar rig's VH51.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, I try it later when I'm back home. Does the noise coming from my DI? Because I had no problems with it. I recorded through a lehle sunday driver into the line in of my m-audio fast track guitar.

There is a bit of noise due to average fast track converters (it can not be solved with external gear).

But if interface have better converters, there can be much less noise without need for gating :)
To be on par with guitar direct to amp (maybe through some analog gear) you will, probably, need "120 db" converters (or top class).

Glad it worked out for you!

I don't have a whole lot to offer back to this forum so it makes me very happy to be able to help out in any way possible.