Peavey Rockmaster

carvedones

May 16, 2007
Anyone know anything about the fx loops on these?

I want to know if you can set the loop before the preamp so i can connect a overdrive in the ultra loop? is it possible or do i have to go guitar/pedal/pre.

I was thinking maybe i could use 2 different od's. 1 for the chrunch channel and 1 for the ultra channel. So maybe not.

Anyone know what the power consumption wattage is? I got one coming but will need a power converter, so i need to know what size to get.

hmmm...that's interesting. does anyone know where the EFX loop section comes into play in the rockmaster (or any guitar PREAMP) for that matter? is it just straight after the preamp section? i never really thought about it.

i dont have my rockmaster with me at the moment but i'm using a 150w converter, works fine.

Ok got the pre amp and power amp (Rocktron Velocity). Tried the OD in the loop and it sucks.
Anyway i am really digging the sound of the Rockmaster with a OD in front (crunch channel), it has just enough gain while keeping alot of definition. I like old school thrash so not over the top distortion.
Presently i am using a digitech tonedriver, but look to try some others soon. Maybe try a eq in the loop also.

Best thing i done was sell the crate blue voodoo!!!

I have a recently bought Rockmaster and have connected a PodXT for FX using the COMMON FX LOOP. It sounds great.
The problem of this preamp is that at loud volumes causes many feedback noises, even with a gate on it!!