Peavey Valveking

I am one of big flyers of the Valve King flag. i do a lot with it actually.

Replaced the preamp tubes with JJ's and the sound improved tremendously. I just recorded a thrash band using it (the 1x12 combo into a vintage marshall cab) and I think it sounds pretty good. Especially for thrash type metal.

http://www.myspace.com/babilos

Amp Settings:
DSC00234.JPG

Had a TS9 in front with the gain all the way down and the level cranked tone at 12:00

Mic Setup:
DSC00242.JPG

Edit: Added pics ;)

Full Signal Chain was

Les Paul with Burst Buckers > TS9 > Valve King > Marshall Cab V30s > Audix i5 center of cone

the other guitar player in my band uses a valveking head and it sounds great with a few pedals. at first it was lacking gain but then he got a sonic maximizer pedal and od-9 pedal now it sounds awesome. very clear and still has alot of crunch. hes using a windsor cab but im sure if you used a slightly better cab you might even get a better sound.

Any opinions about Crate Blue Voodoo head?
On the website there are many endorser like Pat o'Brien, Max Cavalera, Vernon Reid, C.C. Deville, Billy Graziadei... doesn't mean it's a killer amp....but I'm very curious!

I mixed Soulfly recently and Max was definitely not using a Blue Voodoo head

Any opinions about Crate Blue Voodoo head?
On the website there are many endorser like Pat o'Brien, Max Cavalera, Vernon Reid, C.C. Deville, Billy Graziadei... doesn't mean it's a killer amp....but I'm very curious!

Maxx is not using the 6535 at least live
Pat o'Brien last I saw was using a Triple Rect
Vernon Reid is using Axe FX
CC Deville is using Marshall JVM's
Billy is using a 6535 now as well

I had a valveking in the past. I must say it did the job pretty good. It had plenty of gain for my needs and sat well in a mix. Speakers play a HUGE role in the sound (as with any amp really).

Valveking owns the Blue Voodoo