Peavey Windsor VS JCM 800 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN 20009

hehe sorry im just playing around, i did do some circuitry in college, even made an sound amplifier to run 1 speaker for a project.. but damn that is way over my head

Just want to warn you, it looks like there are a lot of discrepancies on the Peavey schematic... It's a standard practice. I wouldn't make any mod ideas unless you actually trace out the schematic with an amp in front of you...

Looks like V3 is handled in a similar way:
jcm800_v3.gif
vs
windsor_v3.gif

That's the push pull phase inverter, doesn't change much throughout push pull amps...

I should teach a class called FUCKING UP AND GETTING THE SHIT SHOCKED OUT OF YOU POSSIBLY CAUSING DEATH 101. earlier this year i took like fucking 220v through my hand or something, i was pissed.

I should teach a class called FUCKING UP AND GETTING THE SHIT SHOCKED OUT OF YOU POSSIBLY CAUSING DEATH 101. earlier this year i took like fucking 220v through my hand or something, i was pissed.

HAhahahahaha, 220 volts huh? Working over in Europe? :lol:

The Windsor was intended to be a JCM800 clone hence the 'typically british' name.. very nice amps for the price if your after a 1 trick pony..
When they first came out on of the engineers here told me they were something like 2 componants different

I shocked the SHIT out of myself being careless when I was building my Plexi clone. Yep, not a good feeling in the slightest, haha.

-Joe

I've only shocked myself on UK 240v mains, and jesus did that feel bad. Also the room smelt funky after that for a while, I don't know why.

Joe

i've been hit with standard US 120V a few times...that shit sucks, but it's not terrible or anything

i can imagine 220/240 being horrendous