Peavey Windsor VS JCM 800 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN 20009

I've only been shocked by 110/120. But back when I did commercial A/V installations, I worked with a lot of electricians on construction sites. One guy I knew accidentally got across 440V. It melted the rubber insulation on his pliers to his hand. Not pleasant.

It's the amps that kill you, not volts ;) That's not to say that the volts don't hurt :lol:

~006

more info from a friend to actually make it more like a JCM800:

my UK pal MIKE said:
Here's what I got:

Remove R14 - replace with Jumper
Remove R5 - replace with 820 ohm
Snip C28
Remove C18 - replace with Jumper
Remove R56 - replace with Jumper
Snip R70
Snip C41
Remove R65 - replace with Jumper
Remove C6 - replace with Jumper
Remove R21 - replace with 100K
Snip R36

All these should mean the pre-amp is like a JCM800 - apart from the low gain input needs fixing also. Will look into this.

I just got my Windsor today and it's kick ass. I would even consider leaving it alone. Sounds great with a TS-7 boost infront, standard low gain and "mid level" tone and level.

-Greg

I just got my Windsor today and it's kick ass. I would even consider leaving it alone. Sounds great with a TS-7 boost infront, standard low gain and "mid level" tone and level.

-Greg

D000D. Can you POST CLIPS!?!

I think I'm gonna SNAG a windsor soon. trying to save some cash.
will definitely post a ton of gut shots/info if i pick one up y'all!

D000D. Can you POST CLIPS!?!

I think I'm gonna SNAG a windsor soon. trying to save some cash.
will definitely post a ton of gut shots/info if i pick one up y'all!

Nice dude, for the price, I'm looking forward to seeing if there's any masking tape in there :heh:

Sweet Sloan!

And Lasse, Eric, or anyone else that might know, which is more important to the tone of an amp, the power transformer or the output?

And Lasse, Eric, or anyone else that might know, which is more important to the tone of an amp, the power transformer or the output?

OUTPUT TRANSFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has a much more complex job to do than the power transformer. You may get some noise reduction (definitely did in my 5150II) when you change that, but it's all about the OT. Mercury Magnetics FTW.

I have a Windsor. It gets the job done stock, but I know a new OT would do wonders to the tone. I just can't afford that right now.

-Greg

Haha, that answers that question! Thanks dude...I wonder why I don't see Mercury Magnetics OT's often sold by themselves (usually sold with the PT - do they have to be matched or something?)